Field Service Technician will work with MSI employees, Systems Support Center, Dispatch Operations, Product Groups, the, System Engineering, System Integration, Service Support Network, third party contractors. In addition to daily duties as an ST, the System Technologist will supervise cases & projects to increase customer satisfaction, reduce downtime, and reduce costs. The ST will have periods of 24x7 on call with availability for phone support when other ST's are on call. The ST will be required to attend OEM provided training for all equipment serviced.
* Experienced with Astro 25 systems, recording systems, subscribers, parts/accessories, fleet mapping, dispatch centers, MOSCAD and BDA's.
* Strong working knowledge of Motorola radios systems and their applications by customers.
* Ability to supervise ST's, subcontractors, and service partners.
* Networking and equipment (IT).
* Network Security, both host & network based.
* Computer Aided Dispatch systems.
* Mobile Data Terminals.
* Whole car packages.
* E911/Telco - both NG911 and legacy.
* Microwave systems.
* Conventional systems, simulcast and paging.
* FCC/sites/mux equipment/towers/carriers and collocations.
* SCADA systems.
* Fire Station Alerting (in house design, construction and implementation)
* R56 and civil engineering.
* Electrical/video/security systems.
* Strong MS Office/Google Docs skills
Must possess excellent interpersonal, negotiation, presentation, and communications skills, both orally and written.
Ability to supervise a team while aggressively working across Customer organizations to proactively solve customer problems.
Motorola Solutions is a data communications and telecommunications equipment provider.