Provides technical advice and guidance on installation, adaptation, configuration, and/or enhancement of company technical products, programs, and systems
The incumbent will be responsible for providing system configuration, build, deployment, installation, and operations and maintenance support to various customer unique communication systems. This individual must have a strong working knowledge of network engineering principles (Cisco Routers, Switches, ASA, Call Manager Express, etc.) and be able to apply that knowledge in the customer's environment to integrate, configure, and troubleshoot equipment. Experience in Windows Administration and in running and terminating fiber is a plus.
The incumbent must able to travel to CONUS/OCONUS locations as required. This position requires up to 40% travel (travel to conflict zones may be required).
The home-base for this position is at the customer site in Herndon, VA.
The incumbent will support the customer's system build, test, and deploy requirements. On-site build and test activities shall include, but not be limited to:
* Placing orders for required equipment or components to support build-out of the customer's communication packages under customer procurement efforts.
* Uncrating, set-up, and build-out of new systems
* Hardware, software, and network configuration and customization of systems
* System integration and testing
* Pack-out and shipment of the complete systems
* Removal and appropriate disposal of any old or excess communications and computer equipment, hard drives, memory, and video cards
* Preparation of customer documentation
* Conduct site surveys as needed prior to installation
* Drawings of rack elevations, system component front and back views, wiring interconnect diagrams, wire lists, and networks
* Training of onsite customer personnel on developed and installed systems
* Test, inspection, verification of all customer communication systems ensuring compliance with COMSEC policies and procedures and project management requirements.
Master Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
10+ years of directly related experience in network analysis, design, and implementation.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.