Field Engineer - Contract
If you are a self-directed Field Engineer, interested in working with a great team, on a robust pipeline of projects, we want to hear from you!
At Boingo Wireless we have a healthy pipeline of projects, and the chance for you to make your mark on a high-visibility venues. While we can only offer a contract assignment now, this role may become full-time, offering the benefits of Boingo stock, 401(k) matching, paid vacation, and good health benefits. Several of our full-time field engineers started in contract roles like this one, and have now been with the company as full-time employees for 3 years or more.
The right Field Engineer has experience throttling between project deployment tasks, trouble tickets, proactive network performance monitoring, occasional sales support, and conference calls, as a mobile professional. The position will involve significant travel (about 75% of the time) for onsite support/training of our installation resources. This opportunity comes at an exciting time, having just had our strongest quarter in the company's history.
This is a temporary role through year-end that may convert to full-time position.
What does the Job Entail?
* Supervise the installation of, and maintain, Small Cell/Mini-macro sites in retail chains located throughout the continental United States
* Configuration, installation, and maintenance of the intermediary switch distribution network
* Integrate Direct Internet Access (DIA) fiber circuits including turning up, routers, and/or cable modems
* Work with carriers to commission small cell radios with support from our Network Engineering Team
* Troubleshooting of SC, network switch, router, and Cat6/fiber optic cable issues
* Network performance testing (bandwidth, throughput, end user experience)
* Manage subcontractors to ensure Boingo's installation quality standards are being met
* NOC-dispatched incident response (24/7/365 support when required)
Got what it takes?
* 2+ years of experience with troubleshooting layer 1 and 2 connectivity thru Ethernet or fiber
* Background with Small Cell, DAS, or macro cell sites
* Experience bringing circuits up for Small Cell Deployments
* Experience working with the tech staff at the big Wireless Carriers
* Small Cell and LAN training
* Cisco certifications a plus
* Willing and able to travel about 75% of the month
Boingo Wireless, Inc. (NASDAQ: WIFI) helps the world stay connected. Our vast footprint of Wi-Fi and cellular networks covers more than a million locations and reaches over a billion consumers annually - in places as varied as airports, stadiums, military bases, and multifamily communities. The Boingo platform drives revenue through various products, including Wi-Fi, DAS (cellular), Media, Wholesale, and more.
We're an enthusiastic team, dedicated to growing our business by building amazing, valuable products. We know that our field staff is key to our success so we work hard to stay connected as a team. We make sure our field teams are included in the things we do at HQ - from live-streaming our quarterly all-hands meetings, to our Halloween Costume contest, to March Madness, and trivia contest. We even provide gift certificates for lunch. We want you to feel a part of everything we do. In addition, Boingo offers an incredible benefits package, including health, dental vision, 401(k) match, equity, unlimited vacation, parental leave, and equity. It's no wonder we've been named among the Best Places to Work in LA for four years and counting!
Boingo is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
About Boingo Wireless
Boingo Wireless is a company providing mobile internet through Wi-Fi networks globally.