Are you looking for an exciting and challenging opportunity supporting a global satellite communications network? This is your chance join a team on the cutting-edge of the industry as an ArcLight Applications Engineer. Viasat is a leader in providing practical solutions for difficult communication problems, and we are looking for team members who enjoy taking on new and exciting challenges in a highly dynamic environment.
As an Applications Engineer you will provide support for government airborne communications-on- the-move (COTM) SATCOM systems and the hubs on which they operate across multiple disciplines; TCP-IP networking, Cisco equipment, Windows and Linux software, RF theory, antenna systems, virtualization, and configuration management. Supporting a dynamic network requires on-site installations, upgrades, and continuous remote support/troubleshooting to ensure the success of real-world missions. You will utilize a ticketing system to document and report on all activities, create Change Control Requests to plan and execute maintenance events, and interface with other support organizations to ensure the network is always fully mission capable. You will also travel 45-75% annually, international and CONUS, depending on project assignments.
* 5+ years experience working with Satellite Communications Systems
* Working knowledge of IP encryption devices, C/X/Ku/Ka band RF-equipment, tracking antennas, standard test equipment and communications theory
* Experience working with IP/Networking equipment, including configuration, application and troubleshooting of routers, switches and TCP-IP networks
* Associate's Degree in a technical discipline or equivalent work experience
* Active Secret Clearance or the ability to obtain one
* Ability to travel up to 75% to domestic and international locations, including hazardous zones.
* Ability to work rotating shifts and participate in an on-call rotation to provide 24/7 support
* Ability to pass skills testing for grip and static strength, dynamic lifting and work/positional tolerances
* Cisco CCENT or CCNA Preferred
* Experience creating technical user documentation and training material as well as internal documents and procedures
* COMPTIA Linux+ Certified Preferred
* GVF Advanced VSAT Installer Certified Preferred
* Hands on experience operating and troubleshooting mobile SATCOM hubs, terminals, cryptographic equipment and IP network equipment
* Military background
* Experience with ISR platform or other mobile communications
We are searching for candidates who enjoy working with people and have a technical mind that excels when being challenged. If you have a drive to succeed and grow your career, Viasat might be a fit for you! We encourage you to take a couple minutes to submit your resume to be considered as the newest member to our growing team. Once you have applied online you will be sent an automated response to let you know we have received it and someone from the recruiting group will follow up with you if there is a possible match.
To learn more about this site and other office locations, please click here!
AA/AS or equivalent experience
Years of experience:
Up to 75%
US Citizenship Required
Active United States Secret Clearance
About Viasat Inc.
Viasat is a company that offers communications products and services.