The Buildings & Infrastructure Line of Business is a global network of employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client's local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
Reporting directly to the Federal Operations Lead. This position has multiple responsibilities; leads the PM group and manages multi-discipline teams of employees, including: Architectural, MEP, Structural, and Civil. The position requires a level of leadership and technical expertise to lead both senior staff and the specific scope of the assigned projects. Project scopes may include military housing, aircraft hangars, vehicle maintenance, aviation related facilities, headquarters & administrative buildings, mission support and mission critical facilities. This position is also client facing and would act as the company's main point of contact on assigned projects.
* Promotes BeyondZero, quality, and safety programs to create an incident- and injury-free culture
* Responsible for day to day management of assigned staff; holds staff accountable for delivery.
* Manages performance and helps talent grow and develop
* Stewards career development - basic skill development and sustainment, growth opportunities and skill refinement
* Coaches, develops, mentors staff to deliver superior results collectively and individually
* Communicates with aligned staff (i.e., regular team meetings and 1:1 meetings etc.)
* Approves time and expense for aligned staff
* Acts as hiring manager for required staff, working in concert with others around established hiring plans; integrates new hires
* Responsible for design deliverables for design-bid-build projects (plans, specifications, design analysis), design-build RFPs documents, engineering studies, feasibility reports and other engineering requirements for large and/or multiple DoD projects, on time, within construction budget and agreed scope Provides effective, skilled project management to help reduce the costs of delivering projects and adding value to the business by applying proven project management techniques
* Responsible for construction phase services as required by the scope of work. This typically includes services performed in office environment such as coordinating Jacobs' responses to RFIs, shop drawing reviews, construction modification documents and site assistance visits
* Leads team in the development of project documents by providing overall direction to the design team, coordination with external project stakeholders, internal team members and subcontractors, and management of project schedule to meet deliverable milestones and commitments
* Functions as a team leader for assigned projects serving as the primary point of contact with the client
* Responsible for project deliverables compliant with the Scope of Work and satisfy project requirements
* Responsible for the overall quality of the project documents and adherence with Jacobs Quality Program. Manages and enhances project quality by providing ideas and suggestions to the team aimed at improving the effectiveness of their role, and of the project activities in general
* Assesses project requirements, while developing and recommending a sound approach or application to meet the needs of the project and client
* Responsible for initial development of the project fee proposal and coordination with discipline DOR for input and participates in fee negotiations with the client
* Facilitates the creation of communication plans, ensuring that appropriate information is exchanged among key stakeholders, and conducts status review meetings among project team members and clients
* Determines, monitors and reviews internal costs, operational budgets, schedules and staffing requirements for project teams
* Plan, organize and staff key design positions
* Mentors and trains team members in project management methods, procedures and activities
* Minimum 15 years leading staff as a supervisor and Bachelors in Engineering or Architecture is required
* Minimum 15 years of experience as a Project Manager in an Architectural or Engineering organization is required with demonstrated project management experience within Federal and/or DOD markets, specifically USACE, is required
* 15 years of overall experience in a project related technical field is preferred
* Strong working knowledge of pre-design and pre-construction, building systems/components and technology, contract management, project delivery methods, team building and client relationship building is required
* US Citizenship is required
* Professional Registration (P.E.) or Registered Architect (RA) is required and PMI certification is desired
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.
Jacobs Engineering is a provider of technical, consulting, and scientific services for the government and private sector.