What you'll be doing...
The Federal Complex Deal Architect will be positioned to support emerging technologies, end-to-end service delivery and solution guidance for Verizon's support teams providing solutions to the United States of America Federal Government. This role will be an unclassified support role. The candidate that fills this position will work in an exciting and fast-paced environment supporting proposal activities for the United States of America's Department of Defense and Civilian Agencies. This role directly supports Verizon engagements that provide services to people within our Armed Forces and how Verizon provides critical support to our Service members. If you would like to be part of a team that directly supports the critical services provided to members of the U.S. Department of Defense or Civilian Sectors, this role will be a great fit for you. Come join us!
This position will be required to provide presentations and briefings to senior level executives, participate in technical customer meetings, support bid and proposal efforts, and represent the technical solution along with pertinent processes both internally and externally.
You will partner with the solution team in developing, documenting, and presenting an integrated solution for complex opportunities based upon the client's requirements and Verizon's products and services. In this effort, you will collaborate with all internal parties to validate all of the solution components including optimizing costs to meet business case needs specified by client executive and enterprise architect. You will work with the transition team to develop the transition plan and design as well as document the integrated solution to help shape the deal economics. You will participate in the transitioning of customer accounts from their existing technology services environment to a transformed steady state environment.
* Oversee all planning, execution, reporting and related escalation management for LAN, WAN, and Firewall complexes, IT infrastructure management (hosting, applications support, other) as anticipated in the customer contract.
* Validate the end-to-end solutions which minimize operational and financial risks.
* Lead development of end-to-end service management architecture.
* Contribute operational knowledge to contract negotiations.
* Be the interface to Verizon Enterprise core support organizations.
* Participate in customer facing meetings and presentations.
* Participate in due diligence/discovery activities.
* Collaborate with internal and external groups to validate that all solutions are supportable.
* Identify opportunities to standardize services and reduce costs.
* Validate and determine third party supplier content to close gaps in delivery of services.
* Collaborate with the transition team on transition activities.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Six or more years of relevant work experience.
* Eligibility to obtain and maintain a government security clearance.
Even better if you have:
* MBA or advanced degree.
* Six or more years in two or more of the following areas:
* Outsourcing solution development and delivery experience, ideally globally.
* Direct service management architecture design, service delivery or operations experience.
* Costing/pricing and business case development experience.
* Knowledge of WAN, LAN, Security, voice, IT, wireless and IP technologies.
* Customer contract negotiations.
* Industry certifications such as ITIL V3 Foundations, CISSP - Certified Information Security Systems Professional, Cisco CCIE e.g. R&S, Security & Voice, MCITP - Microsoft Certified IT Professional (Enterprise), PMI Project Management Professional (PMP) certification.
* Knowledge of Verizon's products and services, and identification of those needed from third party suppliers and/or partners.
* Self-motivation and good team development skills.
* Experience serving as an executive interface for internal and client-facing interactions, including executive level communication.
* Leadership abilities with excellent interpersonal, and written and verbal communication skills.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.