Are you excited about working directly with Microsoft customers and partners to ensure success as they move forward with cloud computing? Do you want to be part of an engineering team that is looking to get a new service off the ground? If so, keep reading!
We are the Azure Customer Experience (CXP) organization - a fast growing Engineering team of customer-obsessed & passionate individuals that drive positive customer outcomes and experiences.
FastTrack (FT) Engineering for Azure is our newest initiative; a customer success service to help customers confidently onboard to Azure and putting them on the right track to build it right, architect it right, the first time. FT takes a solution-centric approach and provides customers with Engineering resources, standard methodologies, tools and additional resources that help drive Azure usage.
We are looking for thoughtful, analytical and high energy Azure FastTrack Engineers with a passion for Azure PaaS, Containers and OSS.
* This is a remote role responsible for customers in our East region and will work out of a home office based in this region. * The region includes Virginia, Pennsylvania, West Virginia, Maryland, Delaware, New Jersey, New York, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Vermont, Rhode Island and Maine.
Successful Candidate Competencies:
* Experience in three or more of the core Azure services like Azure App Services, Service Fabric, Functions, Azure Kubernetes Service, Azure DevOps, Logic Apps, APIM, Cosmos DB * Proven experience providing Architecture Design and Resiliency reviews to customers * Experience performing Data Center migrations to the cloud * Experience and knowledge of cloud deployment and development tools (Azure-CLI, Terraform, PowerShell, Visual Studio, .NET) * Strong interpersonal skills to effectively drive recommendations and land priorities across customers, partners, senior executives and across organizational boundaries * Experience dealing with ambiguity: must have the ability to take initiative and work in a fast-paced environment while balancing multiple demands and shifting priorities * Collaboration: collaborate on complex multi-faceted programs
* 5+ years of experience building scalable and reliable applications with enterprise customers on Azure/AWS/GCP specific solutions, application development and deployment * Working knowledge with AGILE development, SCRUM and Application Lifecycle management (ALM) with one or more of the following programming languages: .NET, Java, PHP, Python, Node.js or JSON * Ability to communicate effectively with corporate customers, possess an understanding of the onboarding process and demonstrate a vision for the future of Microsoft support * Excellent customer service skills, good oral and written communication skills. Proven ability to handle difficult and sensitive situations involving the most critical and politically charged customer situation. Candidate would be responsible to lead projects and to motivate others * Consulting and/or Delivery experience a plus * Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort with both large and small audiences * Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent work experience.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
* Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* You will partner with various Azure Engineering domain experts to scope and build customer facing content, modules, tools and proof of concepts * Directly engage with customers to validate new solutions and POC's; update modules per findings and feedback * Help customers migrate and/or build workloads throughout their Azure journey toward production and expanding their cloud footprint * Maintain knowledge of the latest on Azure/Cloud innovations in order to conduct experiments, drive product improvement, and act as subject matter trainer for other specialists * Interact daily with other FastTrack Engineers to provide technical action plans or take ownership of situations that require escalation * Share knowledge with others through solution documents, engage technical communities, build automated self-help solutions and create training.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.