Verizon Media Group
Yahoo Sports connects fans to the sports and fantasy games they love most and is the first screen for the next generation of sports fans worldwide,who crave real-time personalized quality content and superior fan experiences every day.
A Little About Us
Yahoo Fantasy Sports is a passionate development team that has an equally passionate user base. We work on both Season Long and Daily Fantasy products delivering a high quality feature rich product to please our users. We work in a deadline driven environment while still having a culture of fun and fandom.
A Lot About You
We are looking for an Android developer who will match the passion of our user base. We want engineers who like to write high quality code that reaches millions of users and is a great experience for them. You should enjoy working in a deadline driven environment where you will deliver features that our users will thank you for. You should have a strong desire to adapt and learn as well as pass on knowledge to teammates in a highly collaborative environment on the fantasy sports team as well as working with external dependencies. Being a sports fan is awesome, but not required.
* Working in an agile environment where we ship features frequently to create user delight.
* Collaborating with teams across product, design, engineering, and quality to drive past the status quo.
* Ensuring quality of code base by writing tests and doing code reviews.
* Developing new features for an ever-evolving product that makes our users love the app.
You Must Have
* Bachelors or greater in Computer Science or related engineering degree
* Experienced in Java or Kotlin (both is a plus) software engineering processes, tools, methods, test development.
* Strong foundation in computer science, with competencies software design for performance at scale.
* 0-4 years directly related experience of software development, preferably mobile Android development.
Oath is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on, age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category. Oath is dedicated to providing an accessible environment for all candidates during the application process and for employees during their employment. Please let us know if you need a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or participate in the application process.
Currently work for Oath? Please apply on our internal career site.
About Verizon Media Group
Verizon Media Group is a diverse house of more than 50 media and technology brands that engages more than a billion people around the world.