This role is to help increase consistency and efficiency across the board for our data teams. We need an architect who is able to help us pay off technical debt via automation and tooling, setting data standards for multiple teams, working closely with stakeholders, and with the other members of the DBA team to help with tickets while we automate a solution for them. This role can expect about 50% support for DBA running the business tasks, about 20% automation (to shift 'running the business' after automation is implemented), and 30% architecture/design/documentation. As we automate further, more focus will be put on architecture and design.
* Work with engineering and business stakeholders to understand data requirements and unify solutions.
* Help shape the rapidly growing data needs by evaluating and recommending the best relational and non-relational data based solutions.
* Define, design, model, implement, and operate large, evolving, structured and unstructured data sets
* Work with the latest cloud database solutions for high performance and availability.
* Lead automation efforts across multiple data systems.
* Help DBAs with running the business tasks while working on automated solutions.
* 5+ years of database administration experience across different database platforms such as MySQL, RedShift, SQL Server, Dynamo, Mongo
* Linux/Windows Server basic hands on admin experience.
* Experience with Cloud Computing management on the AWS platform
* Scripting experience with Python or Powershell required.
* Experience with Monitoring/Alert planning for data services.
* Broad knowledge of common infrastructure technologies such as web servers, load balancers etc.
* Expertise with highly-available database technologies like clustering, replication, mirroring, etc.
* Ability to participate in 24x7 on call rotation.
* Excellent troubleshooting skills and ability to understand complex relationships between components of multi-tiered and distributed applications.
* Flexible, adaptable, and able to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
* Experience using NoSQL alongside RDBMS
* Experienced in automation and automation tools such as Jenkins, Ocotpus, scripting, SALT, DSC, Puppet, Chef, etc.
* Amazon RDS
* Amazon Aurora
* Amazon Athena
* Cloud Solutions and Providers
* Amazon Redshift
Bash is a plus
E-Commerce platform a plus
* Effective communicator and team player.
* Self Starter who can work without heavy supervision