At UCSF Health, our mission of innovative patient care, advanced technology and pioneering research is redefining what's possible for the patients we serve - a promise we share with the professionals who make up our team.
Ranked by U.S. News & World Report as the number one hospital in California - and among the top six in the country - UCSF Health is committed to providing the most rewarding work experience while delivering the best care available anywhere. In an environment that allows for continuous learning and opportunities for professional growth, UCSF Health offers the ideal atmosphere in which to best use your skills and talents.
UCSF Facilities Management is responsible for the Mission Bay, Mt. Zion, Langley-Porter and Parnassus Heights hospitals, as well as approximately 125 standalone leasehold properties supporting our clinical enterprise.
Daily operations to include plant responsibility, Environment of Care, Fire & Life Safety, helideck operations at Mission Bay, distribution systems to include electrical, mechanical, HVAC, water, DWV, medical gas, pneumatic tube and related support. These support functions are accomplished through a department comprised of approximately 160 full-time employees.
In addition to full-scope functional daily activities, the Facilities Management team is responsible for a small projects team, an Energy, Utilities and Infrastructure group as well as an industry-leading BIM4FM integration with our Maximo CMMS system.
Involves providing a variety of IT services.
Assignments may include database administration, application programming, IT project management, systems administration, systems and process analysis, security, solution development and maintenance, business technical support or a combination of these and / or other IT functions.
* Bachelor of Science Engineering Degree in related area; and / or equivalent experience/training
* General knowledge of several areas of IT
* Demonstrated ability to install software and troubleshoot and repair moderately complex problems with computing devices, peripherals and software
* Understanding of system performance monitoring and actions that can be taken to improve or correct performance
* Basic knowledge of incident response procedures; demonstrated ability to follow software specifications
* Demonstrated knowledge of computer security tools, best practices and policies; demonstrated skills applying security controls to computer software and hardware
* Demonstrated testing and test planning skills
* Demonstrated understanding of how system management actions affect users and dependent/related functions
* Interpersonal skills sufficient to work with both technical and non-technical personnel at various levels in the organization; ability to elicit and communicate technical and non-technical information in a clear and concise manner
* Self-motivated and works independently and as part of a team; demonstrates problem-solving skills; able to learn effectively and meet deadlines
* The flexibility to orient and work at all UCSF Health locations
* Maximo Certification
* Knowledge relating to the design and development of software. Basic knowledge of secure software development
* Knowledge of business processes and procedures. Knowledge of the design, development and application of technology and systems to meet business needs
* Demonstrated experience with database administration
* Knowledge of data management systems, practices and standards
* Ability to write technical documentation in a clear and concise manner
Living Pride Standards
* Demonstrates service excellence by following the Everyday PRIDE Guide with the UCSF Medical Center standards and expectations for communication and behavior. These standards and expectations convey specific behavior associated with the Medical Center's values: Professionalism, Respect, Integrity, Diversity and Excellence, and provide guidance on how we communicate with patients, visitors, faculty, staff, and students, virtually everyone, every day and with every encounter. These standards include, but are not limited to: personal appearance, acknowledging and greeting all patients and families, introductions using AIDET, managing up, service recovery, managing delays and expectations, phone standards, electronic communication, team work, cultural sensitivity and competency.
* Uses effective communication skills with patients and staff; demonstrates proper telephone techniques and etiquette; acts as an escort to any patient or family member needing directions; shows sensitivity to differences of culture; demonstrates a positive and supportive manner in which patients / families/ colleagues perceive interactions as positive and supportive. Exhibits team work skills to positively acknowledge and recognize other colleagues, and uses personal experiences to model and teach Living PRIDE standards.
* Exhibits tact and professionalism in difficult situations according to PRIDE Values and Practices
* Demonstrates an understanding of and adheres to privacy, confidentiality, and security policies and procedures related to Protected Health Information (PHI) or other sensitive and personal information.
* Demonstrates an understanding of and adheres to safety and infection control policies and procedures.
* Assumes accountability for improving quality metrics associated with department/unit and meeting organizational/departmental targets.
* Keeps working areas neat, orderly and clutter-free, including the hallways. Adheres to cleaning processes and puts things back where they belong. Removes and reports broken equipment and furniture.
* Picks up and disposes of any litter found throughout entire facility.
* Posts flyers and posters in designated areas only; does not post on walls, doors or windows.
* Knows where the Environment of Care Manual is kept in department; corrects or reports unsafe conditions to the appropriate departments.
* Protects the physical environment and equipment from damage and theft.
The flexibility to orient and work at all UCSF Medical Center locations is required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California San Francisco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. Further information about the University of California, San Francisco, is available at diversity.ucsf.edu. UCSF seeks candidates whose skills, and personal and professional experience, have prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence, and the communities we serve.