Responsible for overseeing the overall design and health of the Load Balancer environment, mentoring junior engineers, reviewing all F5 implementation plans, managing installation projects, and resolving complex production issues. This role will perform design, implementation, and maintenance of load balancer/application delivery controller infrastructure using F5 Big-IP LTM/GTM/ASM and Kemp Load Balancers.
* Implementation and maintenance of security devices.
* Mentor less experienced engineers on the team.
* Provide and maintain configuration standards for the infrastructure.
* Administer and support F5 appliances throughout the organization.
* Monitor security bulletins and mitigate as needed.
* Recommend, design, implement, and support application delivery infrastructure integration into business solutions, while meeting the business' goals and objectives. This includes supporting documentation and diagrams detailing the specific infrastructure.
* Analyze network topologies and traffic/capacity requirements.
* Work on project/tasks assigned to networking team.
* Develop detailed project plans and implementation diagrams.
* Assist in driving the development, testing and implementation of technology solutions.
* Install, configure, and manage traffic management systems supporting Public Key Infrastructure (PKI), Domain Name System (DNS), load balancing and Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA).
* Translate functional business requirements into a technical solution that conforms to global design standards.
* Research developments in assigned technology disciplines, determining business requirements, proposing changes, and developing migration and implementation plans as needed.
* Install, test, maintain and upgrade network operating systems software and hardware in accordance with release management requirements.
* Provide input into the security technology plan for the organization and ensuring that plans for their assigned technology discipline integrate effectively with other aspects of the technical infrastructure.
* Support large scale infrastructure migrations and baseline reviews.
* Support changes in strict accordance with the change management policies, including developing design and implementation plans for approved changes.
* Gain knowledge and experience in other network security technologies.
* Propose appropriate changes to standards, policies, and procedures based on emerging business/technology trends and operational challenges with the existing guidelines utilizing performance metrics and operational SLAs as justification.
* Conduct presentations via training sessions, or 1-to-1 training to network engineers on designs that are being implemented.
* Configure and support application security policies via the F5 ASM and APM security modules.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
* Must be able to work unsupervised, be well organized, and able to multi-task.
* Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
* Ability to troubleshoot and resolve issues in a high-pressure environment.
* Design and implementation experience with F5 BigIP LTM and GTM appliances and virtual appliances.
* Excellent understanding of LTM configuration (VIPs, Persistence, SNAT, SSL, etc.).
* Experience writing and troubleshooting iRules.
* Ability to troubleshoot connection issues and services on F5 appliances.
* F5 OS upgrades, backup and restores.
* Managing F5 appliances in HA configurations.
* Knowledge of troubleshooting tools, such as: tcpdump, ssldump, openssl, QKView, logs, curl, Wireshark, Fiddler, Postman.
* Knowledge of http protocol versions, headers, methods, and status codes.
* Task/project oriented.
* Strong oral and written communication skills; ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical Associates.
* Ability to analyze and troubleshoot network traffic from layer 1 through 7 with utilities including SSH, nslookup, tcpdump, ssldump, cURL, HTTP GET and Open SSL.
* Ability to effectively articulate the implications and impact that proposed .architectural changes will have on the business (to technical and non-technical audiences).
* Availability during evenings and weekends for P1 issues and scheduled change controls.
* Availability to provide 24x7 on-call support as scheduled.
* Availability for occasional travel to remote offices/data centers.
* Knowledge of network monitoring solutions.
* Knowledge of application load balancing strategies and advanced techniques for application delivery
* Excellent troubleshooting skills and an ability to identify root causes of issues and provide solutions.
* Ability to team within and outside of the operations group.
* Strong interpersonal and presentation skills, both verbal and written, with the capability to articulate and educate others about complex technology with business acumen.
* High School Diploma
* 5 years' experience with F5 Hardware/Software.
* F5 Certified Big-IP Administrator (F5-CA).
* 5 years' networking experience.
* Experience designing, implementing, and supporting environments that include two or more of the following: Enterprise Gateway architectures including: Firewalls, Application Proxies, Global and Local load balancing, and/or Enterprise Management tools.
* Experience working in 24 x 7 centers with complex, high transaction, high availability environments.
* Experience creating implementation plans, LTM, GTM, and ASM configurations, TMOS code upgrades, and deployment of new load balancing builds for F5 or Kemp load balancing technologies.
* Experience with F5 Traffic Management Operating system, CLI commands, and Route Domains.
* Experience creating and maintaining technical documentation.
* Experience with F5 ASM & APM modules.
* Experience with requesting and installing PKI server certificates.
* Experience with configuring PKI Certificate Authority (CA) trust bundles, Certificate Revocation List (CRL) and Online Certificate Revocation List (OCSP).
* Experience with network design, install, configuration, and troubleshooting.
* Experience with RIP, OSPF, BGP, MPLS, RSVP, QoS, and STP.
* Experience with routers, switches, firewalls and load-balancers.
* Experience with Internet based data transmission.
* Bachelor Degree
* Experience working within Federal or Public Regulatory Agency guidelines such as PCI-DSS, FISMA, FedRAMP or HIPAA.
* Experience with configuration, deployment, and administration of F5 TMOS versions 11.x or higher.
* F5 Certifications such as: F5-CA, F5-CTS LTM, F5-CTS GTM, or F5-CTS APM.
* 5 Years Cisco Enterprise Level Network experience.
Standing, sitting, walking, speaking, listening, bending, reaching, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping and manipulating tools, typing, using peripheral computer tools. May be required to lift up to 25 pounds.
It is the Company's policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals. Securus will not discriminate against any associate or qualified job applicant with respect to any terms, privileges, or conditions of employment because of that person's race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic or status protected under local, state or federal law, ordinance or regulation.