Competitive business today is all about making intelligent, informed decisions. As a Consulting Architect within EY-Parthenon you will help make that happen. EY-Parthenon is a leading advisory organization focused on strategy consulting. We are committed to combining our unconventional thinking with our clients' smarts to deliver actionable strategies. The Software Strategy Group (SSG) is a specialized advisory software practice within Parthenon serving private equity investors and their portfolio companies from diligence through strategy and execution.
In today's complex business landscape, creativity has become a necessary ingredient for sustained success. EY-Parthenon has an ideal balance of strengths - deep and concentrated skills with broad executional capabilities, intimate client relationships with larger networks of support, and proven processes along with a progressive spirit to unlock opportunity for our clients, amplify the impact of our strategies, and make EY-Parthenon the global advisor of choice for business leaders. You have the opportunity to develop your career through a broad scope of engagements, mentoring and formal learning. That's how we develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
Your key responsibilities
SSG provides investment and acquisition guidance (including commercial, product, and technology diligence), strategy/value creation and transaction advisory services to companies and investors in the Software Economy. EY-Parthenon Software Strategy Group teams have completed hundreds of successful projects and provide a unique capability to help companies make critical decisions and complete successful transactions. SSG is in high growth mode and is looking for smart and driven individuals to help us grow our team 3-fold in the next 12-24 months.
The Consulting Architect is a senior individual contributor role within SSG. The Consulting Architect provides technical and functional solution leadership on multiple consulting engagements, supporting delivery teams for diligence and value creation engagements and serving as an architect level resource. You will work directly with clients to deliver best practice processes across the solution set. Internally you will coordinate across the practice to ensure cohesive, consistent solutions and deliverables.
Projects will cover a variety of client issues, ranging from diligence to strategy assignments:
* Product and technology diligence: The Software Strategy Group provides market-leading product and technology diligence of companies in the Software Economy, an "inside-out" assessment of product capabilities, product road map, software architecture, technical debt, and the organization and processes associated with a software organization.
* Integrated diligence: When EY-Parthenon teams combine product and technology diligence with leading commercial due diligence "outside-in" capabilities, we provide clients with a cohesive view of their target investment from both a market and an operational perspective, providing insights that each diligence work stream may not uncover independently. We are a leader and innovator in this integrated offering and bring unrivaled capabilities to the marketplace.
EY-Parthenon teams provide an assessment of a company's software development organization for capacity, talent and process, and actionable recommendations to improve productivity, timeliness, predictability, quality and overall alignment with the corporate strategy. This assessment is conducted through site visits, interviews, data analysis, hands-on evaluation, primary research and benchmarking. EY-Parthenon provides a detailed strategy on how to improve internal and external integration, communication and governance.
* Technology strategy and road map: By analyzing clients' technology road maps and potential alternatives, as well as assessing cost, risk and alignment with strategic objectives, we help companies identify and build a suitable technology strategy and architecture road map - sometimes building on internal efforts and sometimes on brand-new ideas. This type of engagement includes the potential re-platforming initiative or a major transformational effort - such as a substantial acquisition or a SaaS transformation.
Product strategy and road map: EY-Parthenon teams analyze a company's product road map and provides recommendations for improvement in product strategy and road map based on market and competitive research, team capabilities, development cost and risk, and technology underpinnings. This type of engagement typically includes primary research on the competitive landscape and market greenspace. It may also entail post-merger consolidation or rationalization of a product portfolio. Like other engagements, it leverages the combination of capabilities in understanding and assessing competitive marketplaces and deep knowledge of software technologies.
Skills and attributes for success
* Assess target technology architectures and strategies
* Recommend architecture alternatives and direction
* Contribute to the development of repeatable methodologies and tools designed to scale SSGs services capabilities
* Mentor and educate Associates and Consultants in architecture best practices, and oversee compliance to standards and guidelines
* Participate in business development, including customer presentations and RFP responses related to software business and technology
* Stay current by developing and testing software/architecture proofs of concept (POCs) using current technologies (e.g., web technologies, server-side enterprise software technologies, analytics and database/data warehouse technologies, security technologies)
To qualify for the role you must have
* A technical degree, preferably in Computer Science
* 7-10+ years of experience in a software development, architecture, management and/or consulting delivery role
* 5+ years of experience with cloud architecture, cloud services (IaaS, PaaS, etc.), and/or big data technologies
* Working familiarity with enterprise architecture concepts, such as message busses, message queuing mechanisms, pub/sub architectures, big data architectures such as Hadoop
* Knowledge of cloud architectures and PaaS services, such as AWS Redshift, Dynamo, Glacier, RDS, Kinesis, Elastic Search, Elastic Load Balancer, ElastiCache/Redis, Kinesis/Kafka, Azure SQL, etc.
* Knowledge of DevOps tools and CI/CD toolchains, QA tooling, etc.
* A solid understanding of delivery methodology and experience leading teams in the implementation of the solution according to the design/architecture
* Proficiency in authoring, editing and presenting technical documents.
* Ability to provide thought leadership in the forms of customers presentations, public speaking, as well as content writing for blogs and case studies
* Excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical staff
* Willingness and ability to travel, when necessary (approximately 25-50%).
Ideally, you'll also have
* AWS cloud architecture certification
What we look for
We are looking for candidates who have a strong aptitude for quantitative and qualitative analysis and the ability to link business strategy to performance. Being a strong team player is critical with the ability to adapt to changing requirements or deadlines in support of our clients' goals.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, both pension and 401(k) plans, a minimum of 3 weeks of vacation plus 13 observed holidays and up to 3 paid personal days, and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
* Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most recognized and engaging leaders in the profession;.
* Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career;.
* The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark. Apply today.
EY provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Ernst & Young (doing business as EY) is a multinational professional services company.