Zodiac Services Americas is an aftermarket organization supporting Repair, Customer Service Department & Spare Parts Distribution of Safran Group's aerospace companies. We are focused on customer support via strategically located FAA approved repair stations, and an Atlanta based central inventory. Zodiac Services Americas is a Drug-Free Workplace employer - requires a drug/alcohol screening and a criminal background screening. Zodiac Services Americas is an Equal Opportunity Employer, qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
The External Repair Technician is responsible for helping the Supplier Manager of Component Repair to support different product lines and assisting with technical related oversight.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
* Assisting with all technical related oversight of Zodiac Services suppliers.
* Working with different areas of Component Repair as directed and throughout Zodiac to ensure regulatory compliance (FAA), Zodiac procedural compliance, to help ensure top tier quality and safety are maintained.
* Assists in reviewing all component quotes for approval based on current contract agreements as well as assisting in approving invoices under the direction of the Supplier Manager.
* Interacting with CSRs at each of the repair stations for routine updates on supplier performance and product status.
* Assisting with scrap reviews on components.
* Helping with measuring supplier performance including cost, quality and turn time, assisting with metrics and scorecards completion
* Comply with all policies/procedures and regulations, i.e., handbook, training requirements, state and federal regulations, etc.
a) Knowledge and Skills
* Has basic knowledge of Aviation Maintenance
* Technical aptitude
* Advanced knowledge of repair order process
* Ability to work independently and make daily operational decisions with respect to repair order activity
* Knowledge of computers
* Dealing with people in a team environment
* Strong computer skills
* Project Management
* Communication Proficiency
* Technical Capacity
* Problem Solving/Analysis
* Decision Making
c) Education and/or Experience
* Requires a high school diploma or equivalent and 2 years of experience in the field or in a related area
d) Communication Skills
* Good oral and written communication skills essential for interaction with both internal and external customers.
e) Physical Demands
* This is a largely sedentary role; however, some filing is required, which would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Statement
It is the policy of Zodiac Services Americas to provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability, military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetics, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, and local laws. We are strongly committed to this policy and believe in the concept and spirit of the law
ID: ZSU - 15792
About Zodiac Aerospace
Zodiac Aerospace designs, develops, manufactures, and markets aerospace equipment and systems.