Expert Software Engineer, iOS
GoPro makes it easy for people to celebrate and share experiences. We believe life is more meaningful when shared. We build cameras, software, and accessories that help the world share itself in immersive and exciting ways.
GoPro is a global movement whose business is driven by shared experiences. We celebrate diversity. We practice inclusion. We foster belonging. We demand equality. And we share the experiences of individuals and communities who also hold these values as core to who they are. From São Paulo to Munich, Silicon Valley to Shenzhen, we are dedicated to building a company that reflects and honors the diverse global communities where we live, work, and play.
This role will contribute to the candidate's exceptional programming skills to develop innovative, consumer based mobile products. This iOS engineer will participate in the development of iOS applications that enable consumers to share their passions with friends and community by developing media management, editing, and story-telling features for GoPro cameras and cloud content. You will make disciplined use of git source control and bug tracking systems along with participation in software code reviews to ensure the creation of high quality, compact and elegant code. The ideal candidate will have familiarity with Swift, Objective-C and the iOS native development platform.
What You Will Do
* Contribute exceptional skills to develop highly innovative consumer mobile products
* Make disciplined use of git source control and bug tracking systems
* Unit-test developed code for usability, general reliability and elegance
* Define architectural frameworks and architectural direction
* Participate in software code reviews to ensure the creation of high quality, compact code
* Participate in code development from requirements throughout the deployment
* Collaborate with Engineers, UX and Product Design to define, design and ship new features
Skills We're Stoked About
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics
* Strong CS fundamentals
* 5+ years of commercial experience in developing applications for the iPhone and iPad
* Expertise in Swift and developing native iOS apps
* Strong knowledge of MVC, OOP, memory management and threading
* Proven successful track record showing an aptitude for engineering and product sense
* Strong communication (written and verbal) skills
* Ability to quickly learn and apply new technologies and methodologies
* Possess the passion to design, build and polish innovative applications
* on to design, build and polish innovative desktop applications
* Fully-stocked kitchen with snacks galore
* Live it. Eat it. Love it. - Two dedicated hours during your week to explore your passions and capture it with your GoPro.
* Get your very own GoPro (Mounts and accessories included)
* Discounted employee stock purchase plan (ESPP)
* 401(K) matching
* Discretionary Time Off
* 12 weeks paid Parental Leave for new parents
* Medical, dental, and vision insurance - premiums are 100% paid for employees, 80% paid for dependents
* Life insurance and disability benefits
* Employee commuter shuttles (in the Bay Area)
GoPro is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
GoPro is a technology company manufacturing mountable and wearable action cameras and developing its own video-editing software.