Bloomberg's UX, Product and Technology teams are committed to creating valuable and meaningful user experiences for our customers. We transform complex data and work processes into products that are indispensable to our users.
Bloomberg is looking for an Interaction Designer with experience designing complex transactional systems into intuitive and valuable products. Interaction Designers at Bloomberg are excellent analytical and conceptual thinkers that translate user needs, business objectives and technology capabilities into innovative design. This position requires a strong foundation in user centered design methods and the ability to communicate design decisions effectively to senior stakeholders and team members alike. Designers are involved in all aspects of the design process from context-based research to storyboarding and presenting to internal clients. Success depends on close collaboration and partnerships with end-users and subject matter experts, as well as product and technology counterparts. This position will take ownership of a domain to envision and craft conceptual frameworks, interaction design and the overall user experience of new products and major enhancements.
Interaction Designers at Bloomberg form a core team that is responsible for the highest impact business and platform products. In addition, this team provides design stewardship and governance through a customized UI toolkit that specifies interactions at a very granular level. Interaction Designers create and maintain standards for this toolkit as well as recommended design patterns for our 3,000+ technologists to follow. Through collaboration with the technology and product teams, designers are able to test solutions in real-time and instantaneously deliver software to customers.
You'll need to have:
* Undergraduate or Graduate Degree in HCI, Interaction Design, Information Architecture, Visual Communication, or any design-related field. A degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field is a plus.
* 4+ years of experience designing transactional or highly interactive user interfaces.
* Experience in several of the following: designing complex user workflows, decision-support systems, large dataset visualizations and framework-level interactions, information architecture, graphic/visual design, usability research/analysis.
* Track record of applying common User-Centered Design practices and tools to solve tough design problems.
* Understanding of workflow systems, software development processes, and command center monitoring tools
* Experience in project management a plus.
* Familiarity with Agile and Lean UX methodologies
* Excellent presentation and communication skills
* Ability to quickly and iteratively build interactive prototypes to validate designs.
We are interested in reviewing a couple of your design projects for this position. We ideally would like to see artifacts from across the project lifecycle. Your representative projects may include, but should not be limited to: research, personas, sketches, site maps, task flows, wireframes, storyboards, etc. We are, however, most interested in seeing detailed wireframes (preferably a deck) illustrating a step-by-step user workflow for complex transactional interfaces. An ideal project to showcase for us would have an intricate user interface that you can use to explain your detailed design decisions. Experience working with interactive charting applications and/or data visualization design skills would be helpful. Please include two (2) projects where you can give us a "deep-dive" into your design process.
Please provide us with a link and include it in your application. If you need some other way of showing us your work (either by emailing it, bringing it in person, or through an online real-time screen-sharing session), please apply for the role and we'll contact you to make arrangements to view it.
Please do not, without proper consent, share or disclose to Bloomberg any confidential or proprietary information that you may have obtained in connection with employment with any other employer, or which may be considered the Work Product of any another individual or entity.
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match and we'll get in touch with you to let you know next steps. In the meantime, check out these links: