The Wayfair Design team is a diverse, multidisciplinary team of world-class designers who are hard at work transforming the experience of shopping for the home. Our design practice is collaborative, data-driven, and fast-paced. The
Global Experience team designs, maintains, and champions the Wayfair design system, which powers all of wayfair.com geos and lifestyle brands. As a designer for this team, you'll be working cross-functionally to support both our experience design and marketing partners to help create consistent, meaningful, and engaging experiences for our users. With your visual expertise, you'll collaborate with our entire experience design team and lead explorations in page composition and component styling. You'll also help establish creative strategies and style guides for the new Wayfair visual language.
The ideal candidate has a talent for balancing form and functionality. You have great attention to detail while never losing sight of the bigger picture. You're able to think systematically and apply rules and patterns to visual elements like color and typography. Most importantly, you're passionate about design and have an eagerness to further develop your knowledge and skills.
What You'll Do
* Produce design deliverables utilizing the Sketch app, Invision, and/or other prototyping tools
* Lead design reviews for all necessary deliverables
* Conduct ongoing UI explorations and evolutions that support the multiple brands and geos
* Craft and maintain design systems, style guides, and UI toolkits
* Establish design acceptance criteria for the design system and ensure that the implementation meets craft standards
* Assist in establishing and documenting processes between our cross-functional partners (product, engineering, analytics, marketing, etc)
* Support and influence product planning and prioritization
* Educate the greater product experience team on visual best practices and advocate for brand standards
* Work collaboratively with experience design, product management, and engineering within agile development environments
* Engage in strategy discussions., weighing tradeoffs between business, technical, and customer needs
* Help resolve unclear direction or unknown variables
* Mentor designers with less experience to improve their skillset
What You'll Need
* 2+ years of experience design for consumers and consumer brands-a big plus if you have experience in e-commerce
* Communication and presentation skills. The ability to clearly present work, and articulate the rationale for the decisions that led to it
* Facilitation and listening skills. The ability to maintain undivided attention and appreciate interpersonal differences. An openness to opinions that challenge beliefs, and be a willingness to evolve based on new information.
* The confidence and self-motivation to drive forward projects that will improve our user's experience.
* Expert proficiency in Sketch, Invision, and other design tools.
* An online portfolio that demonstrates an unfailing advocacy for the user, highlighting: e-commerce design work, mobile design work, analytical decision-making, and strategic thinking.
* Experience in brand/identity design
* Experience with iconography, illustration, motion and/or animation
* Familiarity with Abstract
Wayfair is one of the world's largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we're reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you're looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you'll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking. No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We're a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair - and world - for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That's why we're proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.
Wayfair is an online retailer of home products for bedrooms, living rooms, kitchen and dining, home entertainment, bathrooms and more.