McLean 2 (19052), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Experience Design Researcher, Card Design
We're looking for a Design Researcher to help design and conduct qualitative and quantitative user research for key initiatives at every stage of the product life-cycle that will help lead our initiatives into the future.
You'll need to be pretty dang good at doing these types of things:
* Help teams translate business problems into human-centered problems
* Be creative in the methods employed to spark an empathic understanding of users' needs
* Align product experiences to the broader Capital One ecosystem
* Conduct a range of formative and iterative research methods applicable to all product stages from conception to release
* Help develop comprehensive research strategies to drive qualitative and quantitative insights data into decisions across the product and experience lifecycle
* Triangulate multiple data sources into integrated insights
* Practice and help evolve the team's research techniques and toolset to work effectively within a rapid product and experience development cadence
* Collaborate closely with design, engineering, and business partners during all steps of research
* Understand the difference between Design Research & Market Research and have experience collaborating on initiatives between these teams
* Translate research findings into actionable recommendations and deliver them in compelling ways
* Communicate and evangelize research results to design, business, and technology teams and upper management
* Assist in influencing leadership with a persuasive insight-driven stance on difficult user experience and business issues
* At least 3 years of professional experience with user experience design
* At least 3 years of professional experience with user testing and evaluative research
* 5+ years of professional experience with user experience design, user testing, and evaluative research
* 5+ years of experience designing for omni-channel services
* 4+ years of usability testing and user experience research within a lab environment
* 4+ years of experience managing other designers
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Let your dream job find you.
Sign up to start matching with top companies. It’s fast and free.