At AstraZeneca (AZ) we turn ideas into life changing medicines. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. We're focused on the potential of science to address the unmet needs of patients around the world. We commit to those areas where we think we can really change the course of medicine and bring big new ideas to life.
Digital technology is rapidly changing the healthcare industry and transforming expectations of patients, care givers and healthcare professionals. AZ is meeting this challenge by continually evolving our digital capabilities, partnerships and platforms. Within the Commercial Digital Team, we focus on product/disease area strategy, experience design and development of innovative customer experiences. The common thread in everything we do is to create experiences for patients that are engaging and benefit the entire health eco-system.
As our business develops at pace, we are looking for an Experience Design and Content Strategy Associate Director to support the Respiratory Team to help support their digital health and omni-channel digital marketing initiatives. To do this, you will have a strong background in design thinking and be able to lead workshops to help map the patient journey, identify pain points and use iterative design processes to help Marketing and Medical teams design products and services for patients and health care practitioners (HCPs).
You should have a good understanding of using agile methodology to work in projects that will be disease area or brand focused and related to digital health or omni-channel digital marketing. You will help support omni-channel content marketing initiatives by supporting marketing and medical teams develop strategic content plans for digital marketing and shape digital first content for use across multiple channels.
You will also have digital health experience understanding the convergence of digital technologies with healthcare to enhance the efficiency of healthcare delivery and make medicines more personalised to patients. This will enable you to work with health system tech partners to drive patient focused solution design.
The ideal candidate is passionate about using human-centred design to create exceptional customer experiences that will focus on driving better patient outcomes and transform healthcare.
* Work closely with Marketing and Medical teams to deliver workshops to deep dive into patient pain points across the patient journey to identify key areas to focus service design initiatives
* Lead service design work throughout design thinking process, managing the discovery, define, ideate and prototype stages
* Support Marketing and Medical teams with health system engagement, in market workshops and design thinking tasks
* Develop content marketing plans involving the creation and sharing of content online to stimulate interest in AZ products and services rather than explicitly promote brands
* Support Marketing teams elevate the digital patient experience and leverag omni-channel digital marketing to create exceptional customer experiences
* Throughout product design/creation, conduct project management activities including engaging with 3rd party providers, liaising with creative agencies, tracking project timelines and assist with the measurement and KPIs
* Ensure alignment amongst the cross-functional project team
* Bachelor's Degree
* At least 5 years of work experience in the area of digital content creation, publishing, content marketing, customer experience design, media or journalism.
* A formal design qualification or accreditation
* Solid experience gained within the healthcare and life sciences industry
* Solid experience in delivering healthcare service design projects
* Strong background of agile delivery methodology and service design
* Profound knowledge of current digital content creation and publishing including content strategy, content planning, publishing and syndication, SEO, social media, and content marketing.
* Strong sense for content design (look and feel, knowledge of effective content formats, etc.), as well as a solid understanding of how to tailor content for different channels and platforms/devices.
* Experience developing editorial calendars in a corporate environment
* Highly collaborative and able to manage external partnerships effectively
* Masters Degree
* SCRUM certification preferable
* Knowledge in Respiratory therapeutic area
Next Steps - Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience - it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.
AstraZeneca, a global pharmaceutical company, discovers, develops, manufactures and markets prescription medicines.