The Madison Square Garden Company
The Madison Square Garden Company (MSG) is a world leader in live sports and entertainment experiences. The company presents or hosts a broad array of premier events in its diverse collection of iconic venues: New York's Madison Square Garden, Hulu Theater at Madison Square Garden, Radio City Music Hall and Beacon Theatre; the Forum in Inglewood, CA; and The Chicago Theatre. Other MSG properties include legendary sports franchises: the New York Knicks (NBA) and the New York Rangers (NHL); two development league teams - the Westchester Knicks (NBAGL) and the Hartford Wolf Pack (AHL); and esports teams through Counter Logic Gaming, a leading North American esports organization, and Knicks Gaming, MSG's NBA 2K League franchise. In addition, the Company features the popular original production - the Christmas Spectacular Starring the Radio City Rockettes - and through Boston Calling Events, produces New England's preeminent Boston Calling Music Festival. Also under the MSG umbrella is TAO Group, a world-class hospitality group with globally-recognized entertainment dining and nightlife brands: Tao, Marquee, Lavo, Avenue, Beauty & Essex and Vandal. More information is available at www.themadisonsquaregardencompany.com
Role SummaryThe Executive Support Technology Engineer is a principle technologist whom is responsible for delivering concierge quality products and services to the most senior members of the Madison Square Garden Company (MSG). This unique individual is a perfectionist in their approach to engineering and product configuration detail - they are emotionally and situationally aware, an active listener and anticipates the needs of the executives both technically and emotionally. The ideal candidate is data driven and uses the appropriate technology tools to augment the delivery experience but also remains grounded in that there is no substitute for engaging the client in a manner that is meaningful to them. He or she thinks in terms of systems, tools, process and outcomes driving meaningful outcomes. They are flexible with their schedule and appreciates the nuances of working with highly capable senior leaders. Finally, this technologist is a progressive learner and keeps up to date with the latest trends and services so that when called upon the solution will work the first time correctly. This is a technical role that requires an innovative mind and a deep understanding of how technology is configured, what outcomes its meant to deliver, how to deploy it and train users. Specific Functions/Activities Summary
* Responsible for the engagement, support and monitoring of the technology tools, platforms and assets for MSG's most senior leaders.
* Develops and crafts technology roadmaps for all executive tools and platforms - understands the market and its offerings aligning it with MSG Executive needs.
* Must be capable of working within a highly professional and stress filled environment - delivers results quickly and under scheduling duress, capable of working non-traditional hours as needed in support of executives in transition.
* Working with the End User Computing Engineering team to develop mobile solutions which enable the executives to work anyplace at any time. Ensures devices are backed up, recoverable and accessible from any location globally.
* Creates dashboards and reports on the health of the executive technology portfolio - in partnership with the End User Support team ensures issues and trends are addressed quickly and quietly.
* Must possess a strong executive presence - uses the appropriate language, articulates points succinctly and clearly - adopts to the communicative needs of their client.
* Trains the executive community on how the tools and platforms work - creates documentation and maintains a working knowledge base of all technologies deployed.
* Works with third party vendors and service providers in support of their executive client. Must be capable of taking responsibility for owning incidents and acting on behalf of their client to ensure proper closure of events.
* Expert in consumer devices and how to configure and deploy them. Has deep knowledge of Microsoft Surface tablets, Apple notebooks and phones, Samsung devices, Sony audio visual equipment and various teleconference tools.
* Following the guidance provided by the Director of Executive support - applies and executes against all technology lifecycle programs to ensure that senior leaders have the most current and viable technology platforms available to them.
* 5-7 years Executive Support experience in a medium but upscale boutique environment or large company setting.
* 3-5 years' experience working directly with senior leaders and executive assistants. Must understand the nuance of engaging senior executives and how to plan for their needs.
* 7+ years of overall end user technology experience - must have spent at least two years in an engineering role within an end user technology environment.
* 3+ years of working with cloud and distributed technology tools such as Office 365, MDM, Docusign and ServiceNow.
* 1-2 years of process design and implementation experience is helpful.
* Associates degree in Business or Technology preferred.
EducationCandidates who have completed 60 credits of college-level coursework (representing 2 years), or have shown similar self-development through certifications, trade school coursework, etc. are preferred. Educational requirements may differ from job to job based on the role. EEO StatementAt MSG we value diversity and are looking for extraordinary employees of all backgrounds! MSG is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, sexual and reproductive health choices, national origin, citizenship, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, MSG complies with all applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in all locations.
About The Madison Square Garden Company
The Madison Square Garden Company is a live sports and entertainment provider.