Executive Director- Machine Learning & Big Data
Req #: 190048166
Location: New York, NY, US
Job Category: Technology
The Chief Technology Office for JPMorgan Chase oversees enabling components inclusive of the top quality engineering and architecture tools and practices required to make us a leading technology company. We will drive firmwide efforts in such critical areas as Cloud Enablement & Adoption, Technology Portfolio Management and Rationalization, Platform and API Strategy, Development Tooling and Practices, Big Data and Machine Learning services, Data Architecture, Reference Architecture, and Technology Data Management.
JPMC are looking to develop a core set of set of data management capabilities to drive consistency across each line of business. This data platform will be deployed on premise and longer term in the public cloud and will form a global data lake that would consume, model, and store the firm's and outside data. The initial focus is on sourcing, storing, enriching and making available information to support internal management reporting, external regulatory reporting, as well as machine learning and other data analysis applications.
We are seeking a technical lead to help drive this effort - key responsibilities would include:
* Work across lines of business to understand real business use cases gather formal requirements
* Partner in driving a multi-year strategic initiative that delivers technical solutions
* Drive implementations of the capabilities above and how they would map back to the business implementation
* Create architecture and design of the components of the platform, come up with implementation choices, drive implementation and ensure quality and integrity of the product
Key qualifications include:
* BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
* Strong understanding of Object Oriented Analysis and Design
* Proficiency in one or more general purpose programming languages such as Java
* Experience with SQL
* Familiarity with Agile Methodologies
* Following SDLC best practices such continuous integration, automated unit test and regression testing, etc. and focus on end to end quality of the delivery
* Understanding of and experience with Open Source Big Data technologies to provide data management tools
* Knowledge of implementations of the capabilities above on the public cloud (AWS preferred)
* Expertise and experience building out data management platforms/frameworks
* Ability to solve complex business problems and present recommendations to senior management effectively
* Strong verbal and written communication skills including the ability to present solutions to Clients.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 15 technology centers worldwide, our team of 50,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $11B annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that are transforming the financial services industry.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
About JPMorgan Chase
JP Morgan Chase is a financial services provider that offers investment banking, asset management, treasury, and other services.