Department Prince William Campus Admin Alternate Department Description Criminal Background Check Standard Background Check Motor Vehicle Background Check Yes Statement of Economic Interest Restricted Position? Job Category Student Wage / Non-Student Wage Role (State) Job Title Event Services Technician Working Title Event Services Technician Job Type Part-Time Position Number WG4662 Recruit Number Staff - 8755 Working Hours Location Prince William, VA Other Location Pay Band Unknown Salary $10.00-$14.00 per hour; commensurate with experience. Web Announcement
Event Services Technician
The George Mason University SciTech Campus Events Department is seeking an enthusiastic and energetic person for an Event Services Technician to support events at the SciTech Campus and/or the Potomac Science Center. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Mason's academic and culturally inclusive environment.
* Responsible for providing technical and operational support for events on the SciTech Campus and Potomac Science Center
* Works with students, faculty, staff and the community at large to ensure the delivery of event support services;
* Assist with issues related to operations and room set up configurations for events;
* Expected to work some evenings and weekends;
* On occasion, may need to work on other campuses as determined by the Supervisor;
* Reports to the Events Services Technical Coordinator at the Science and Technology Campus;
* Work directly with the Event Team in planning and executing events;
* Work with Operations Manager, Catering, Facilities and other partners at the SciTech Campus and Potomac Science Center.
* Basic knowledge and experience in technical production and event support;
* Understanding of event management common practices;
* Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and provide excellent customer service; and
* Must have the ability to:
* Provide technical support for events;
* Provide operational support for event spaces;
* Ensure proper configuration, setup, operation, monitoring, and breakdown of event services equipment and other university equipment including in-house audiovisual systems; and
* Serve as on-site manager for events when determined to require such presence by the Event Services Technical Coordinator.
Special Instructions to Applicants
For full consideration, applicants must apply for position number WG4662 at http://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
For Full Consideration, Apply by: July 6, 2018 Posting Date 06/21/2018 Job Close Date Open Until Filled? Yes Telework Friendly? No Mason Ad Statement
Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report "Up and Coming" spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Mason's diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Campus Safety Information
Mason's Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available at http://police.gmu.edu/annual-security-report/