ETrading Technical Connectivity Business Analyst / Project Manager
745 7th Avenue, New York, NY
As a AETT Exchange Connectivity Technical Analyst within Barclays, you will design and develop business solutions to enhance our electronic trading offerings and drive client business flows. The role holder will report directly to the AETT Exchange Connectivity Manager and will collaborate with a global development team to facilitate electronic trading across various execution venues in line with Business and Technology requirements.
What will you be doing?
* Hands on technical design and development of high quality, globally available and sustainable solutions.
* Cross-regional Level 3 support of the Production estate and capacity, performance and resiliency initiatives.
* Agile collaboration with teams in Europe and Asia to maintain a global offering consistent with regional business requirements and standards.
* Contribute to conformance with regulatory and market structural change, as well as compliance and control standards.
* Strategic Platform and Processing; follow common design and implementation practices and reuse of technology in line with agreed strategic objectives.
What we're looking for:
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or quantitative discipline
* 5 years experience as a developer or Technical BA of real-time solutions for electronic trading in FX, Commodities, Rates or Credit markets
* Excellent knowledge of Trading, Quoting, Post-Trade and Market-data flows
* 5 years experience with the following applied technologies is required:
* Detailed knowledge of FIX specifications
* Trading Venue protocols and Proprietary venue APIs (Tradeweb, MarketAxess, Bloomberg, Inter-dealer brokers)
* Networking, Firewall and security protocols
* Setup and management of end-to-end venue connectivity
* Detailed knowledge of Credit products
Skills that will help you in the role:
* Strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills
* Excellent analytical and decision making skills
* Experience with Linux
* Experience with scripting languages like bash, perl, python
Where will you be working?
Barclays' U.S. headquarters is located at 745 Seventh Avenue in New York, NY. At Barclays, we offer you an engaging and challenging environment, giving you the opportunity to make the most of your unique set of skills. We also have an extensive range of learning and development initiatives designed to support you both personally and professionally.
About Barclays in the US
Barclays offers corporate and investment banking and credit card services in the US. Our 10,000 US colleagues are located in offices across the country, with headquarters in New York City. In 2017, Barclays announced plans to create a world-class campus in Whippany, New Jersey, for our Technology, Operations and Functional teams in the US. Other principal locations include Delaware, Nevada, Ohio and Maine.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with us.