Location: Addison, TX
Duration: 4-6 months with possible contract to hire
* Under the supervision of a Technical Team Lead and/or the QA Manager, the Developer II, QA works with senior developers, QA developers, and business analysts in a highly collaborative, faced paced, Agile delivery team. The Developer II, QA develops a broad knowledge and understanding of supported product systems and leverages his or her skills in the appropriate technologies to develop automated testing solutions for all phases of the software development lifecycle. The Developer II, QA Automation will be responsible for developing long term automated test solutions for websites, mobile technology, backend processes and databases.
Establish a thorough understanding of the client business including the functionality of its products, data warehouse technologies, backend processes, databases, and reporting.
Design testing strategy and validate aggregate loan data from client products that are passed through to the Enterprise Data Warehouse
Plan, design, and build the overall automated test strategy for the extraction, transformation, and loading of data across multiple product platforms
Build and Maintain Automated test cases to validate data quality
Develop automated testing standards, best practices, and coding styles, to validate BI reports
Develop a comprehensive functional and performance test strategy for batch job scheduling and execution
Collect and report automated testing results and metrics to all appropriate stakeholders.
Continuously refine automated testing standards, best practices, coding styles, and other development guidelines.
Research tools and solutions to streamline or eliminate manual processes wherever possible.
Utilize Test management tools for organization of Test Suites and Test Results Reporting, defect-tracking, and test execution.
Provide general oversight and leadership for all QA Activities for all initiatives across the Business Intelligence, Enterprise Data Warehouse domain
Education and Experience:
* Bachelor's degree in computer science, Engineering, or related discipline.
* At least 7+ years' consecutive experience in analyzing and testing BI Reporting, Datawarehouse/ ETL projects
* 3+ years building ETL and BI report test automation for Installment Loan and Line of Credit financial products
* At least 7+ years consecutive experience working as part of a QA Organization building test strategies, and test plans for BI Reporting, Data Warehouse/ETL projects
* At least 4 years' experience in writing complex SQL statements and Stored Procedures
* At least 3+ years' experience in validating data import of flat files using UNIX.
* At least 3+ years' experience using TFS for Defect Management, Test Case and Test plan documentation, and Test execution tracking
* 3+ years' experience building enterprise QA Reports from the TFS Data warehouse
* Demonstrated hands on experience in RDBMS tools such as Oracle, Netezza, Teradata and SQL Server (preferably in Teradata) Experience in reviewing of mapping, workflows, and monitoring jobs using ETL tools Informatica and SSIS.
* Experience in BI Reporting tools testing such as MicroStrategy, Cognos and SSRS (preferably in MicroStrategy).
* Extensive experience with the Agile development process.
* Experience with TDD and Continuous Integration techniques is required
* Aptitude for researching and troubleshooting root cause system issues
* Ability to take ownership of decisions, actions, problems, and solutions
* Proven ability to design, execute, and analyze test results in a centralized Test Management or Application Lifecycle management Tool.
* Complete knowledge of Visual Studio, Team Foundation Server and Microsoft Test Manager (or equivalent tools) is a plus.
* Complete knowledge of defect triage process within projects of various complexity and size.
Knowledge of financial systems
* Demonstrated ownership of decisions, actions, challenges, and solutions
* Out of the box thinker. Able to overcome complex problems and challenges utilizing technology and other innovative methods.
* Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills, fosters open communications, listens effectively, and builds strong partnership networks that result in consistent forward momentum
* Skilled at solving challenges in a directed, methodical manner and analyzes the current issue to envision creative solutions
* Takes initiative to complete critical tasks, especially in team settings with dependencies on other people
* Works effectively in the face of stress, ambiguity, difficult situations, and shifting priorities
* Steps outside of "comfort zone" to tackle new issues/challenges in an aggressive manner; deals well with ambiguity in a fast-paced, cutting-edge, and entrepreneurial environment
* Challenges the status quo to generate new ideas and implements unique solutions to fix challenging problems
* Collaborates and openly seeks and shares information across teams and departments
* Has a solid background in his or her technical field and continually augments experience and skills with the latest research results and techniques
* Demonstrates a bold commitment to the total alignment of actions, words, and professional beliefs
Must be Advanced Level on SQL
Good to have experience working with TFS Database
Good understanding of Transformation Logic
The following breakdown summarizes the types and frequency of activities typically performed by employees in this position. It is not a guarantee of the actual distribution of activities to be performed.
Activity & Description
50%-Creation of automated tests by developing SQL scripts for the ETL and BI reports validation: Working as a key member of a Scrum team, build SQL to validate data for the ETL, BI reports
30% - Tool Development: Design and develop tools to automate ETL, flat file data and BI report validation
20% Test Execution: Test Execution and Result reporting. Debug failed tests, open defects, etc
As an equal opportunity employer, ICONMA prides itself on creating an employment environment that supports and encourages the abilities of all persons regardless of race, color, gender, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, or disability.