Job Location: Boston, New York, or Atlanta
About Deloitte Consulting's Platforms Practice
Deloitte Platform (DP) practice, part of Deloitte Consulting LLP, develops technical assets that augment the firm's leading core services, creating hybrid offerings that address our clients' most pressing business challenges. Our asset-based consulting strategy is designed to deliver tangible results in the near-term and a sustainable competitive advantage.
Our goal is to build an environment and culture of continuous innovation to drive profitable revenue through the identification and incubation of breakthrough ideas in IP, asset-based businesses, and markets.
Deloitte's commitment to innovation inspires our clients to new possibilities. From innovation labs to fresh, new products and services, we deliver value at every turn. Working with clients, we explore new approaches to critical business issues. To do this, we have created a product development center known as iLab that includes an innovative team of user experience/user interface designers, software architects and engineers, infrastructure and operations staff, testers and developers, sales engineers, product manager and more.
We are looking for people who share our passion for translating ideas into relevant and innovative products to solve business problems.
As a Data management/cloud applications engineer, you will be aligned to the Product Development team of ConvergeHEALTH's Intellect platform of health care provider analytics applications. ConvergeHEALTH is a part of Deloitte Consulting's Platforms practice, and supports the information-based transformation of healthcare by enabling healthcare and life sciences organizations to answer the "hard questions" in healthcare-what works, for whom, why, in what context, and at what cost? The Intellect suite is a growing portfolio of subscription-based, hosted analytics applications that include Revenue Intellect and Care Intellect, among others. They are specifically focused on driving value in the health care provider space - from revenue cycle optimization to clinical variation management.
You will be working with the rest of product development team to build and enhance the web-based applications needed to power Intellect analytics, with a specific focus on leveraging cloud technologies to add advanced capabilities and improve application efficiency.
We expect you to have:
* A BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or a related field
* 2-4 years of hands-on ETL/data pipeline development experience, leveraging industry-standard tools, ideally Informatica
* Strong working knowledge of RDBMS and SQL (SQL Server, Postgres, etc.), with an emphasis on data warehousing, performance tuning, and analytics use cases
We'd love you to have:
* Experience with QlikSense or other BI/analytics tools such as Tableau, including experience integrating them into custom web applications
* Experience or interest in leveraging AWS cloud-native technologies, with specific focus on:
* Backend/data management services such as RedShift, Glue, S3, Athena, and Step functions
* Core compute services such as Lamda functions, container management, and auto-scaling
* Data science services such as SageMaker
* Good understanding of Object Oriented Programming (OOP) / Object Oriented Design (OOD), and common enterprise design patterns
* Familiarity with healthcare data (e.g., EDI, bills, claims) and a general interest in the healthcare industry
* Data modeling and solution design experience
* Familiarity programming in languages commonly used for data management and data science/statistics, such as Python
* Excellent problem identification, analysis and solving skills; an innate ability to utilize all resources at your disposal to find a creative solution to a problem, whether business/functional or technical in nature
* A desire to take initiative and continuously work on improving the products you are responsible for
* A general interest in relevant emerging technologies such as cloud-native services, and a constant thirst to further your own technical abilities
* Experience working in an Agile development environment
* Hands-on experience with full suite of software lifecycle tools (Confluence, Jira, Stash, Jenkins, Artifactory, etc.)
* The ability to work well independently and as a team player
* Excellent conversational and written communication skills
How You'll Grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to nourish and build a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. We also suggest that you brush up on your interviewing skills and practice discussing your experience and job history with a family member, friend, or mentor. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
As used in this posting, "Deloitte" means Deloitte Consulting LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Requisition code: E20BOSCASCJG003-DP-C