For over a century, Neiman Marcus Group has served the unique needs of our discerning customers by staying true to the principles of our founders: to be the premier omni-channel retailer of luxury and fashion merchandise dedicated to providing superior service and a distinctive shopping experience in our stores and on our websites. Neiman Marcus Group is comprised of the Specialty Retail Stores division, which includes Neiman Marcus and Bergdorf Goodman, and our international brand, mytheresa.com. Our portfolio of brands offers the finest luxury and fashion apparel, accessories, jewelry, beauty, and home décor. The Company operates more than 40 Neiman Marcus full-line stores in the most affluent markets across the United States, including U.S. gateway cities that draw an international clientele. In addition, we operate 2 Bergdorf Goodman stores in landmark locations on Fifth Avenue in New York City. We also operate more than 40 Last Call by Neiman Marcus off-price stores that cater to a value oriented, yet fashion minded customer. Our upscale eCommerce and direct-to-consumer division includes NeimanMarcus.com, BergdorfGoodman.com Horchow.com, LastCall.com, and CUSP.com. Every day each of our 15,000 NMG associates works towards the goal of enabling our customer to shop any of our brands "anytime, anywhere, and on any device." Whether the merchandise we sell, the customer service we offer, or our investments in technology, everything we do is to enhance the customer experience across all channels and brands.
Neiman Marcus has an immediate opening for an ETL Lead. For over a century, The Neiman Marcus Group has defined luxury retailing catering to an affluent, discerning and educated client. Today, as an omni-channel retailer we are known for the luxury merchandise in our stores, on our websites, and through our catalogs - enabling our customer to shop anytime, anywhere, and from any place. It is what drives our company. If you are a high energy, innovative individual looking for an opportunity to become a key contributor to a dynamic integration team you might be the type of candidate we are seeking. This position reports to the Manager of the Integration Competency Center (ICC).
The ETL/Data Project Lead is a key contributor to a centralized integration team and requires a solid understanding of both batch and real-time integration patterns. The successful candidate will have proven experience developing high performance integration applications and frameworks in support of strategic initiatives in the following domains: customer facing applications, e-commerce, mobile apps, Omni-channel and COTS applications.
The ETL/Data Project Lead leads the development of a state-of-the-art integration strategy & Architecture and guides the development of high performance data integration applications & frameworks in support of strategic initiatives having domain knowledge in e-Commerce, Order Management, Supply Chain, Fulfillment, CRM, MDM, mobile apps and COTS applications.
Core responsibilities of this hands-on role include assessing changes to the data integration Architecture, defining proper use of ETL technologies, integration patterns, enterprise level API/Web Service, and the development of management processes to govern the ETL layer.
The ETL/Data Project Lead will contribute to the development of roadmaps and migration plans for integration of business systems, and infrastructure to streamline interfaces, reduce redundancy and business costs. The ETL/Data Project Lead must have a strong hands-on development track record building integrations utilizing a variety of integration products, tools, protocols, technologies and patterns.
* Perform an active, leading role in shaping, building and enhancing overall integration Architecture, helping to define the future state Architecture blueprint and develop roadmaps to get there
* Actively develop solutions to contribute to enterprise class integration and middleware software development best practices, standards and procedures
* Translate business and user requirements into specific systems, applications and/or process designs for custom technical solutions.
* Possess an excellent interpersonal and communication skills (personal, written and presentation) to work cross-functionally with IT and non-IT staff
* Act as the key interface between business and technology teams in defining and influencing business requirements and assists in developing the appropriate data-feeds /batch integration solutions between Internal applications, & with third parties.
* Understanding the business implications of technical solutions, assist in defining the technology solutions to support future business requirements.
* Have technical understanding of data models, data standards, and business glossary
* Collaborate with IT and business partners to identify data sources that will function as "sources of truth" and align data domains to authoritative sources of data
* Develop & maintain common business definitions and metadata criteria for consistent metrics reporting across the enterprise
* Partner with ESB integration engineers to help define the company Common Data Model
* Tactical enforcement of Data Governance policies and rules
* Hands-on with tools such as Informatica's PowerCenter, and preferably on cloud ETL technologies such as AWS Glue, Python, Lambda
* Researches new technologies while keeping up-to-date with technological developments in relevant areas of ETL, Cloud Solutions, Data Governance, Master Data, Data Quality, Analytics & Reporting
* Design ETL integration solutions and produce all design phase deliverables including technical design documents, flowcharts, data transformations, mappings, routing etc. evaluating impacts to performance and scale to support policies and SLAs as required.
* Manage, & be actively involved during build phase and quality assurance of code to ensure fulfilling requirements and adhering to integration Architecture.
* Ensure necessary development and testing practices are engaged for all projects to ensure the quality and supportability of all delivered solutions
* Maintain the appropriate balance between the needs of the enterprise and specific initiatives and delivery timeframes
* Analyze data-related systems integration opportunities and challenges, validating data models from a data integration perspective for current projects as well as other impacted projects and drive quality improvements
* Demonstrate and deliver on depth and breadth of technical and business/partner expertise (knowledge and skills)
* Deliver innovative strategies to achieve business/partner goals beyond scope of duties
* Accustomed to working under pressure and to deadlines while adjusting to rapidly changing priorities
* Works well in a collaborative, cross functional, and multi-cultural environment with onshore/offshore teams
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (personal, written and presentation) to work cross-functionally with IT and non-IT staff
* 7 years hands-on integration development experience in a UNIX based environment.
* 4 years programming experience in Informatica Powercenter 9.1 or other ETL tools
* 4 years programming experience in Oracle PL/SQL and stored procedures
* 2 years experience with any of the Cloud Platforms - AWS (Preferred), Azure or Google Cloud
* 3 years experience with Databases - Oracle, HP Vertica/Redshift/SnowFlake
* 3 years experience in scripting and languages - perl, unix shell scripts
* Experience with Enterprise Security - Encryption methods, Policy Enforcement, File Transfer Security, Web Services and REST API
* Experience working with Agile Development - Scrum / Jira and Confluence
* Experience in Dev-Ops practices
* 2 years experience with any of these programming languages - Java, Scala, Python
* Knowledge of Master Data Management best practices
Knowledge of Enterprise Information Life cycle Management best practices
* Experience with standard development methodologies and the ability to produce appropriate development artifacts.
* Thorough understanding of relational database tools and concepts.
* Commitment to attention to detail, technical correctness and operating efficiency on project tasks
* Ability to work with external vendors.
* Ability to independently analyze problems, evaluate solutions, and effectively communicate solution options and recommendations to the leadership team.
* A strong OO analysis, design and development background.
* A self-starter and resourceful worker.
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, other related field or equivalent work experience
* Experience with Big Data Technologies - Hadoop, Spark, HIVE, AWS Glue
* Exposure to Marketing and Social Media Integration - Facebook ,Twitter, Google Analytics
* Experience with objected-oriented and/or e-Commerce systems
* Familiarity with ATG and Endeca
* Exposure to IBM MQ or other queuing technologies
* Experience working with an offshore team.
* Experience with MKS, SVN or other source code management systems.
* Experience using and optimizing SQL database queries
* Informatica Powercenter, AWS certification or any certification