Alternate Locations: Boston, MA (Massachusetts); Dover, NH (New Hampshire)
Relocation assistance is not available for this opportunity.
About the Company
Lincoln Financial Group, a Fortune 250 company with over 10,000 employees, provides advice and solutions that help empower Americans to take charge of their financial lives with confidence. Our core business areas - Life Insurance, Annuities, Retirement Plan Services and Group Protection - focus on supporting, preserving and enhancing over 17 million customer's lifestyles and retirement outcomes.
Headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, Lincoln Financial Group is the marketing name for Lincoln National Corporation (NYSE: LNC) and its affiliates. The company had $238 billion in assets under management as of December 31, 2018.
Ranked one of the Best Large Employers in America by Forbes magazine, Lincoln Financial Group makes a serious investment in our employees' futures through a broad range of wealth accumulation and protection plans, health and wellness programs, and career development resources designed to help each individual reach their personal and professional goals.
This Data Developer/Analyst will assist Analytical Teams with the design and implementation of Data solutions and systems, including integration with databases and data warehouses, both on-Premise and in the Cloud. This candidate must be able to develop, enhance, and support Informatica workflows and processes using Informatica Power Center for the extraction and transformation of data in a UNIX and Oracle database environment. The candidate must have Data Analysis experience, and be comfortable working with customers and stakeholders to help define and refine data requirements. The candidate must have experience participating in and beginning to lead teams within a Data Organization by suggesting new and innovative ways of gaining data processing efficiencies and participating in architectural and modeling discussions.
* Participates in defining architecture and modeling best practices within the team
* Works with Sr. Technical Professionals to implement data development best practices
* Develop, enhance and support Informatica workflows and processes using Informatica Power Center for the extraction and translation of data in a UNIX and Oracle database environment.
* Creates partnerships with stakeholders, POs, BSAs and Analytic teams in requirement, design and coding walkthroughs to ensure the development of quality solutions and understand complex business/technical problems and opportunities and identify potential application solutions.
* Responsible for Oracle PL/SQL development and performance tuning database packages, triggers and complex queries for Application/Data Warehouse environments.
* Demonstrates expertise in a variety of the data warehouse concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
* Analyzes operational and analytical data requirements by working with cross functional business and application development teams
* Maintains knowledge on current and emerging developments/trends for assigned area(s) of responsibility, assess the impact, and collaborates with senior management to incorporate new trends and developments in current and future solutions.
* Participate with collaboration efforts with development teams to review, update and approve the data portion of project designs, participate in cost/benefit analysis and preparation of project plans.
* Participate in the design, development and delivery data centric IT solutions, including large scale data staging and orchestration, integration and provisioning mechanisms.
* Works with business partners to prioritize business and information needs
* Provides input and validates increasingly complex project plans, test plans and implementation plans.
* Creates increasingly complex technical specifications from business requirements/business specifications.
* Proactively identifies problems and presents/develops solutions
* Communicates effectively with internal stakeholders and management.
* Defines detailed development tasks, task dependencies and estimates to complete work.
* 4 Year/Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience (4 years of experience in lieu of Bachelor's) in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Information Systems, Information Technology or Computer Engineering or equivalent work experience (Minimum Required)
* 3 - 5+ Years experience in application development that directly aligns with the specific responsibilities for this position (Required)
* Experience with Oracle SQL & PL/SQL development and performance tuning database packages, triggers and complex queries for Application/Data Warehouse environments is needed
* Demonstrated and proven track record working closely with business stakeholders, BSAs, and POs/CPOs to understand requirements and expectations to achieve quality technical solutions
* Demonstrated strong relationship management skills with internal clients (e.g. management, peers and colleagues); proven ability to develop collaborative approaches.
* Strong project management skills including, critical ability to coordinate and balance multiple projects in a time-sensitive environment, under pressure, and meeting deadlines.
* Demonstrates excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize workload and multi-task while maintaining strict attention to detail.
* Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills with a collaborative style.
* Finds common ground and can gain collaboration among management, colleagues and peers; can influence outcomes without directing or commanding.
* Demonstrates ability to identify and recommend processes improvements.
This position may be subject to Lincoln's Political Contribution Policy. An offer of employment may be contingent upon disclosing to Lincoln the details of certain political contributions. Lincoln may decline to extend an offer or terminate employment for this role if it determines political contributions made could have an adverse impact on Lincoln's current or future business interests, misrepresentations were made, or for failure to fully disclose applicable political contributions and or fundraising activities.
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Lincoln Financial Group are considered property of Lincoln Financial Group and are not subject to payment of agency fees.
Lincoln Financial Group ("LFG") is an Equal Opportunity employer and, as such, is committed in policy and practice to recruit, hire, compensate, train and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, veterans status, or genetic information. Applicants are evaluated on the basis of job qualifications. If you are a person with a disability that impedes your ability to express your interest for a position through our online application process, or require TTY/TDD assistance, contact us by calling 260-455-2558.
Nearest Major Market: Boston
Job Segment: Database, Oracle, ERP, Information Systems, SQL, Technology