Join the Popular Team!
Founded in 1893, Popular Inc. has been built upon strong institutional values while providing broad financial services within the United States, Puerto Rico, and the Caribbean.
We strive to create an extraordinary legacy with a passion for customer service, tremendous dedication to our employees, and strong partnerships in the communities where we reside. Come explore Popular - Our bottom line is you.
We are currently searching for an ETL Developer to join our dynamic team. In this position you will review, evaluate, design, implement, and maintain ETL Programs. You will identify data sources, construct data decomposition diagrams, and document the process. You will develop ETL programs to load the data marts & data warehouses for reporting purposes and create extract files in a structured format for other business purposes.
In this position, you will:
Analysis and Design Responsibilities
* Prepare technical documents to identify work flows and data flows
* Document the source and destination mapping appropriately
Development and Implementation Responsibilities
* Follow industry/company naming conventions for database objects, file names.
* Understand the source system thoroughly and identify the necessary objects for extraction.
* Create accurate mapping from source to destination and ensure the data is accurately transferred.
* Follow & enforce standards when creating extract files. Use control totals and checksums as necessary.
* Use version control techniques and procedures as per company standards.
* Proven skill on the use of sql is a must. Any other programming language is a plus
Testing & Quality Assurance Responsibilities
* Validate the data thoroughly for its accuracy against the source system or other standard system reports.
* Actively engage the database developers and analysts to validate the data before UAT.
Administration and Maintenance Responsibilities
* Pro-actively carry out project support /administrative functions.
* Monitor the production jobs and make sure they are completed on-time.
* Perform audits regularly in accordance with company policies.
* Document the audits and its results and report to the management & appropriate personnel.
* Correct the audit findings in a timely manner and complete necessary documentations.
* Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
* Good analytical, problem solving and decision making skills
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
To be considered, you will need:
* 3+ years of experience in Development and Implementation of Data warehouse & BI solutions
* 3+ years solid hands-on database development & SQL programming experience (stored procedures, triggers) using MS SQL Server, Oracle, and/or other databases
* 2+ Experience in ETL Development using tools like Informatica, SAP Data Service (Data Integrator)
* Thorough knowledge and experience in Relational & Dimensional Data Models, OLAP, Star & Snow-flake schema and experience in developing data models using Erwin , MS-VISIO
* Good knowledge and experience of data warehouse architecture, design principles, practices, systems development, & analysis
* Experience in developing Reporting & Analytical solutions using tools like Business Objects, Cognos, etc.
* Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field