Department: Redwood Logistics Information Technology
Location: Chicago, IL
Reports To: Business Intelligence Architect
Redwood Logistics is a privately held, strategically integrated logistics provider founded in 2001. Through our 18 year history weve listened to our customers needs and have created a family of companies that can solve their logistics and transportation challenges. See for yourself why The Chicago Tribune has named Redwood Logistics a Top Workplace for several years running!
We are a company of innovators and pioneers. Our objective is simple - to make our customers great. In this role, you will be an integral part in defining and building data warehouses, ETL processes and reporting models to provide deep insights, cutting-edge analytics and support data-driven decision making for both Redwood and its customers. In order to support Redwoods rapid growth and reach our next level of scale, we are currently seeking exceptionally talented ETL developers that have a strong knowledge of the current technology landscape and desire to apply themselves to our state-of-the-art environment.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
* Design and Develop SQL stored procedures, functions and views to be used during ETL processes
* Perform data profiling and data analysis against sources to define requirements for data models.
* Design and implement new data structures or extend existing structures to support evolving business requirements
* Build and manage data quality checks to ensure data is accurate, complete, and consistent across all sources
* Work with data analysts to assess and troubleshoot potential data quality issues
* Create, test, deploy and maintain reporting models to fulfil the needs of data analysts, customers and business users
* Collaborate with a wide variety of users, including internal stakeholders, executives, clients, engineers, and external vendors
* Creative thinker who is intellectually curious, with a passion for solving puzzles and continuous learning
* Bachelors Degree required; preference in Computer Science or related field
* 3+ years experience as an ETL Developer
* 2+ years technology experience with one or more of the following
* Amazon Relational Database Service (Aurora, MySQL)
* Microsoft SQL Server
* SQL Server Integration Services
* Exceptional SQL development and performance tuning skills
* Strong knowledge of Dimensional Modeling principles and best practices (Kimball)
* Experience with the following are a strong plus:
* TMS, WMS, or other enterprise logistics platforms
* In-memory database systems (Redis, MemSQL)
* Data Vault 2.0
* Self-starter, entrepreneurial, highly adaptable who can take initiative in a fast-moving environment
Carries a positive attitude and perspective that aligns to Redwoods core principles
Redwood Logistics offers excellent benefits, including health, dental, vision, disability, 401(k) and life insurance, and a paid time off policy within a progressive, employee-centric culture.