WHO WE ARE:
Talend is a leader in cloud data integration and data integrity.
We are a global company with offices in Redwood City, Paris, London, Bonn, Beijing, Tokyo, Singapore, Sydney, and Bangalore. Our customers are pioneers/innovative leaders in their market when it comes to data and cloud projects. We are proud to count Domino's, the world's largest pizza company, Euronext, the #1 stock exchange in Europe, and HP Inc., a leading IT company, as Talend customers.
We enable companies to transform their business by delivering trusted data at the speed of business. Talend offers a suite of apps for data integration and integrity that brings data, people and technology together by generating end-to-end data pipelines.
Customers can collect data; transform it to power analytics; govern it from end-to-end; and share it across internal and external stakeholders. They can work across systems and across environments: in the cloud and on-premises.
Escalation Support Engineer
Atlanta, GA or Irvine, CA
As a Escalation Support Engineer that's part of Talend's escalation team, you will communicate with customers from around the globe to resolve issues escalated from our support team.
* Demonstrate strong interpersonal and communication skills, working effectively with customers or internal teams
* Exhibit leadership through personal responsibility, accountability and teamwork.
* Manage critical customer issues and solve complex technical challenges
* Have a strong background in trace analysis, debugging, object-oriented programming languages, and troubleshooting
* Maintain strong knowledge of released products, take ownership for product improvement, and participate in BETA programs
* Share knowledge with other escalation and support engineers and develop customer solutions efficiently
* Earn certifications on Talend products (Data Integration, Big Data, Cloud Integration, Data Quality and Data Mapper)
Skills and qualifications:
* 5+ years of customer service or support experience, accurate and logical problem-solving techniques, strong communication skills, and the ability to work in a team environment under pressure
* Understanding of client/server architecture, networking, and Internet technology fundamentals
* Knowledge of Hadoop ecosystem, or experience with Big Data vendors like Cloudera, Hortonworks, MapR and Amazon EMR are a plus
* Experience with an object-oriented programming language is required. Java or Scripting experience is a plus
* Good knowledge of ETL, RDMS database, NoSQL database, and Graph database are a plus
* Good working knowledge of Linux (including the command line) and Windows are required. Mac experience is a plus
* Experience using commercial or open source versions of Talend products (Data Integration, Data Quality, Enterprise Service Bus, Master Data Management) is a plus
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science of a related field is preferred
AND NOW, A LITTLE ABOUT US:
Talend has received some pretty impressive accolades along the way:
* "2018 Best Public Cloud Computing Companies To Work For" by Glassdoor
* Named a Leader for Data Integration Tools in the Gartner Magic Quadrant
* Named a Leader in Big Data Fabric for the Forrester Wave
* Ranked in the DBTA "100 Companies that Matter Most in Data"
* Listed in the CRN Big Data 100 Companies
We are passionate about helping companies become more data driven; and, if we can be honest, we are all geeks at heart who pride ourselves on the vibrant company culture that we have built.
As a global employer, at Talend, we believe our success depends on diversity, inclusion and mutual respect among our team members. We seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. We are committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of business need, merit, capability and equality of opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
Talend is a provider of cloud data integration and integrity solutions for organizations.