The ideal Escalation Engineering candidate is a "smoke jumper" who is driven by going the distance to make Okta's customers wildly successful. The ideal candidate is articulate and a seasoned technical expert with strong business acumen and executive presence. Candidates must be equally adept at working with customers to solve complex technical issues as well as managing technical and executive-level customer communications.
Job Duties and Responsibilities Include:
* Serve as internal and external point of contact on customer escalations and ensure customer issues are resolved as expediently as possible.
* Triage and Resolve Customer Support Escalations from multiple inbound channels
* Represent Customer Support while engaging with cross-functional teams to drive resolution of escalated issues.
* Meet or exceed customer expectations on response quality, timeliness of responses and overall customer experience.
* Manage technical and executive level updates
* Provide technical and soft-skills mentoring to Tier 2 Support Engineers.
* Participate in Technical Escalation On-Call rotation.
Minimum REQUIRED Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
* BA/BS/MS in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related discipline & relevant experience applies.
* 8+ years, enterprise technical support, system administration, professional services or related customer facing role, with at least 3 years in a senior technical role.
* Excellent relationship management, customer service and communication skills.
* Ability to remain calm, composed and articulate when dealing with difficult customer situations.
* Passion for solving customer issues and advocating for their success, in a fast-paced, highly technical environment.
* Ability to quickly and accurately assess the technical aspects of a problem
* Ability to work independently with little direct supervision and as a part of a team.
* Outstanding analytical and organizational abilities.
Strongly Desired Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities::
* Expertise in core Microsoft product stack, including Windows Server, Windows Workstation, Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, Group Policies and IIS.
* Experience supporting Identity Access Management solutions
* Experience supporting, SSO, SAML, or WS Federation
* Experience supporting cloud applications such as Office 365, Google Apps, Salesforce, Workday, NetSuite, Box, etc.
* Experience supporting n-tier web applications
* Experience supporting REST APIs
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta operates an integrated system that connects persons via devices.