What you'll be doing…
The Critical Customer Team sits within Tableau's Worldwide Technical Support organization. Technical Support is responsible for resolving our customers' technical issues swiftly and with quality. Sometimes, issues become complex and then The Critical Customer Team is sought out.
Our team delights customers at critical junctures in order to retain and grow business. The Escalation Account Manager (EAM) is a key member of our team who has a unique blend of technical skills, communication, collaboration, and project management capabilities that delight customers in stressful situations by solving their issues. Those stressful situations could be due to attrition risk, recovering from a poor customer experience, or an inability for our customers to leverage our product within looming deadlines.
Some of the things you'll be doing include …
* Inherit issues that were often not working as intended. Rather than cast blame, you need to own the situation, solve the customers issue swiftly. Then, after the urgent issue is addressed, you need to ensure that key learnings from the situation are addressed with the right teams at Tableau so we don't make the same mistake again.
* Be the leader of the cross functional "SWAT" team who are solely focused on solving the customers' issue(s) as swiftly and with as high quality as possible.
* Communicate with internal and external stakeholders.
* Clearly identify and align around what must be done.
* Feel empowered to reach out to all levels of colleagues at Tableau on behalf of delighting the customer.
* You will first "stop the bleeding", but think longer term about the "vaccine".
* You will lead global calls with all levels of internal and external partners, from the Tableau administrator to the CTO
* You will identify root causes and align on a path forward that is aligned with sales, support, product, development, and most importantly, with the customer.
* You will put a plan in place to delight the customer within agreed upon time constraints. Then you will lead that project.
* You will write concise communication, with a focus on meeting the readers' needs at a cadence that provides effective transparency.
* You will convey technical concepts & step-by-step troubleshooting to internal/external stakeholders with a wide range of technical understandings.
* You will eagerly await internal partners and external customers' feedback to see what you did well and how you can improve.
Who you are…
Experienced. 3+ years of technical support experience, preferably with mission-critical applications. Tableau Desktop or Server Certification is preferred or strongly encouraged to obtain within first 6 months of employment. Valid passport or willing to obtain one in the first six months of employment
Maniacal Focus on the Customer. Focus maniacally on the customer. Focus on scale and consistent procedures
Effective Communicator. Influence without authority. You will be working with a diverse set of partners at Tableau, from Dev, Support, Professional Services, and Sales. You will need to communicate clearly in written and verbal formats with ability to moderate based on audience
Collaborator. Enjoy teamwork and proactively collaborates with other diverse stakeholders (we work with sales, developers, external customers, internal leadership)
Project Manager. Manage the customer engagement on time and with thorough resolution. Get stuff done.
Highly Technical. Technically adept with our Tableau products. If you don't have the specific product skills, but can demonstrate your troubleshooting capability, technical aptitude, and have a track record of quickly ramping, we will consider you. Some technical expertise we are seeking include: Deep knowledge of Tableau Products (e.g., Tableau Desktop, Tableau Server, Tableau Prep). Databases (e.g., MS SQL, Postgres, Cloudera, Oracle, etc.); SQL, ETL, and Data Integration Tools; Scripting (e.g., Python, REST API, etc.); Networking Troubleshooting; Server Administration (e.g., VMWare, AWS, Azure, etc.); Knowledge of Enterprise Technical Environments & Change Policies; Windows/Linux/Mac OS
You are a Recruiter! Tableau hires company builders and, in this role, you will be asked to be on the constant lookout for the best talent to bring onboard to help us continue to build one of the best companies in the world!
Tableau Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Tableau Software is a company on a mission. We help people see and understand their data. After a highly successful IPO in 2013, Tableau has become a market-defining company in the business intelligence industry. Our culture is casual and high-energy. We are passionate about our product and our mission and we are loyal to each other and our company. We value work/life balance, efficiency, simplicity, freakishly friendly customer service, and making a difference in the world!