The ESB System integrator is an ESB technician that works within all aspects of the Energy Smart Building solution to configure assets for data integration, FDD, EA and graphical display. ESB Technicians are engineering hybrids that exercise skills across many domains including: Mechanical, Electrical, Electronic, and IT. They install, perform start-up/commissioning, operate, maintain, troubleshoot, document and repair a wide variety of industrial instrumentation, electronic monitoring, metering, controlling and signaling devices used in the operation of Building Automation Systems and Critical Environments.
Additional Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* System connectivity and configuration including networking and BACnet testing.
* Data import preparation and BACnet mapping of connected systems.
* Importing of data sheet and quality checking of data sheets to ensure data quality upon import.
* Debugging and troubleshooting of data quality and communications.
* Use of Iconics Workbench for configuration of UDM and HH
* Creation of equipment classes and instantiation of FDD rules.
* Creation of Graphworx displays for ESB dashboarding
* In depth knowledge of FDD rules and Retro-commissioning principles to determine whether rules are executing correctly, or additional rules are needed.
* Ability to use the ESB to generate reports for FDD review.
* Proper documentation of FDD results and generation of work orders.
* Operate/Configure/Program and Design multiple Building Automation Systems in support of Microsoft Campus operations.
* Mechanical understanding of equipment operated such as Chillers, Cooling Towers,
* Pumps, Air Handling Units, and Terminal Cooling Units.
* Fluid Dynamics and Heat Transfer Fundamentals.
* Ability to respond to dynamic system faults and casualties and maintain Critical Environments.
* Proper escalation and management of casualty events.
* Demonstrate high level programming ability in multiple DDC languages.
* Understand and demonstrate the ability to review equipment for optimum energy strategies.
* Command, edit and create Graphic/Data Displays.
* Extensive corporate network understanding and troubleshooting.
* Setup and troubleshooting of current Microsoft OS and Office environments.
* Management of PC and Server IT hardware in a lab and Data Center environments.
* Understanding of SDLC and the ability to manage software deployment including SIT and UAT.
* Understanding of various industry communication protocols including BACnet, Modbus, LON, N2, P2.
* Ability to test communication protocols using proper test equipment such as Network tester, Wireshark and BAS-0-Matic.
* Ability to perform complex data formatting and review for System Integrations.
* Develop, troubleshoot and maintain Fault Detection and Diagnostic rule sets.
* Ability to interpret complex system reports and analyse for optimum performance.
* Support Mechanical Technicians on system repair/operation.
* Review, enforce and create MS Standards and Guidelines on construction, MAC and TI projects.
* High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
* A minimum of five years of HVAC Controls or IT related experience and education combined.
* A+/N+ Software and hardware certifications preferred.
* Building Automation Network Certifications preferred.
* State 06A Electrical License or equivalent preferred.
* Ability to comprehend and interpret instructions, short correspondence, and memos and ask clarifying questions to ensure understanding. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
* Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from clients, co-workers, and/or supervisor. Ability to effectively present information to an internal department and/or large groups of employees.
* Requires basic knowledge of financial terms and principles. Ability to calculate simple figures such as percentages.
* Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situation where only limited standardization exists. Requires intermediate analytical skills.
* Uses personal computer and / or PDA for work order system, email, ESS and training. Basic skills with Microsoft Office Outlook.
* Physical requirements include stooping, standing, walking, climbing stairs / ladders and ability to lift / carry heavy loads of 50 lbs. or more.
Addition Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Decisions made with general understanding of procedures and company policies to achieve set results and deadlines. Errors in judgment may cause short-term impact to co-workers, supervisor, and the Client. Must reflect the CBRE RISE values (Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence) in all daily working practices.
Responsible for personal safety and the safety of those who are affected by your work. This includes but is not limited to:
1. Complete all required and assigned HSE training at a satisfactory level;
2. Follow all activity policies and procedures, including all HSE-related requirements at all times;
3. Participate in all HSE-related programs & activities as required, including incident investigations, interviews, auditing and assessment, etc.
4. Report any conditions which you feel could result in an accident or injury and / or stop work if required.
CBRE Group is a real estate services and investment company.