What you'll be doing...
The Corporate Systems Group (CSG) Program Management team is responsible for strategy and implementation of systems solutions that support ERP (Enterprise Resource Platform) and other system activity for Verizon Finance, Accounting, Accounts Payable (AP), Payroll, HR and Supply Chain. The CSG AP 1ERP Consultant is the interface between our Accounts Payable Stakeholders, CSG AP project team, 1ERP program team, and internal and external resources performing work on Verizon ERPs, as part of a multi-year strategic program to consolidate Verizon's complex ERP landscape into a single platform.
Role will be responsible for the following:
* Maintain participation in 1ERP meetings and activities to build long term partnership between 1ERP team/stakeholders and CSG organization.
* Distribution of timely and relevant updates and reporting through an integrated, efficient, and comprehensive communications strategy
* Ensure appropriate AP stakeholders are engaged in applicable 1ERP sessions and decisions to maintain strong controls and partnerships
* Project management of 1ERP interface design, development, and testing between S/4HANA and legacy ERPs or other AP utilized systems
* Strategic relationship management with internal and external partners related to 1ERP integration
* Development of standard operating procedures and training documentation for other CSG team members
* Ensure training is available for CSG team members for 1ERP processes as they are developed and released for future production support
* Project management of 1ERP impacting components of BAU AP Sponsored projects to ensure scope of changes in legacy ERPs are included in future S/4HANA development or integration
* Project management of legacy system enhancements to update fields or processes required to integrate with S/4HANA
* Provide strategic consultation on gap analysis or risk management of 1ERP changes
* Assist Senior Manager with post go-live 1ERP support planning, including S/4HANA production support process planning, transition planning, and release communications
* Cover S/4HANA production support tasks as needed, including troubleshooting issues, communicating statuses, creating and updating trouble tickets, and project managing solutions worked by technical resources
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance or Technology or four or more years of work experience.
* Four or more years of relevant work experience.
* Experience in ERP or other Finance systems, from a project management or support perspective.
* Experience with creation and presentation of status content (including to senior management levels), managing spreadsheets/other tracking tools (Office Suite, Google Suite, etc.), and working with cross-functional teams.
* Willingness to travel.
Even better if you have:
* A degree.
* Experience with SAP S/4HANA.
* Experience with converting or migrating between ERPs.
* Experience working on high-profile, fast-paced, cross organizational strategic programs.
* Experience and/or training in project management or Agile methodologies, especially with PMP or CSM certification.
* Experience working with diverse, cross-functional teams comprised of business and technical resources, contractors, and third party vendors.
* Experience working on or leading IT-based projects.
* Experience working as a project or change manager.
* Ability to adapt to change while maintaining a positive and efficient work environment.
* Detail oriented with the ability to understand and communicate technical information to a varying range of stakeholder backgrounds.
* Excellent communication and partnership skills.
* Experience with Accounts Payable systems and processes.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.