What you'll be doing...
You will provide critical support and direction of the systems in support of the implementation of the 1ERP SAP S4/HANA Finance and Supply Chain platform. System support will include deep-knowledge of SAP (Purchasing, Planning, Accounts Payable, Asset Accounting, Project Systems, etc), working with IT and Business partners on project management, enhancements, deployment, cross-training.
As a functional expert you will be very involved in ensuring design, build and implementation of work product; participate in requirements elicitation, validation of architecture, creation and review of design. You will define the problem, propose and create the solution as well as guide teams on project processes, deliverables and contribute to the proposal development, client training and internal capability building and help detail the project scope.
You will bring a broad knowledge across multiple business processes from the perspective of the business user. An understanding of SAP S4/HANA technical concepts impacting configuration (SAP Implementation Guide) is important. This union of functional and technical knowledge provides the ability to create sustainable solutions in SAP which meet the high demands of Verizon's business users efficiently and effectively.
* Large-scale complex projects; delivering system conversion, enhancement and upgrade deliverables involving PeopleSoft, SAP, and Oracle platforms. Responsibility and decision making authority focusing on plan, build, deliver, run, status and budget tracking of these projects (end to end development and deployment).
* Cross-functional Solution Design - working across SAP modules (General Ledger, Accounts Receivable, Bank Accounting, Asset Accounting, Treasury Tax, etc.) and business constituencies, design efficient solutions which meet or exceed business requirements within the constraints of SAP best technical practices. Design may include the application of SAP business configuration or SAP workbench objects (ABAP programs, tables, BAPI / BADI, LSMW, etc.) or a combination multiple SAP tools.
* Business Configuration - Manage the proper configuration of business processes within SAP. This includes making the settings, capturing the configuration in transports, managing the transport movement between systems. It also includes setting up business process prototypes within multiple systems to prove in a business process or series of business processes required to support end-to-end business operations.
* TTTSA - Develop Testing scenarios for new development; perform Training for end users on the business functions and for team members to grow them and the team's capabilities; Troubleshoot issues in the development systems (transports, cross-functional items, system errors, etc.) and also in production as required by the critical business processes ongoing in SAP; Support business constituents and other IT departments in break-fix situations and in designing efficient, powerful solutions to business problems; Analyze existing business and technical processes to constantly improve efficiency and drive shareholder value.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Six or more years of relevant work experience.
* Experience in release management role on one or more large ERP implementations.
Even better if you have:
* Bachelor's degree with a concentration in Accounting, Finance, Supply Chain, IT, Project Management or equivalent work experience.
* Proven past success with large system program implementations (SAP, PeopleSoft).
* Ability to perform in a high volume, fast paced changing environment.
* Excellent interpersonal, influencing, communication and organizational skills and the ability to deliver across management levels.
* Highly developed cross team leadership skills and the ability to manage internal and external resources to achieve project objectives.
* Ability to operate independently and remain focused through change.
* Experience in executive communication including presentation preparation and delivery.
* Willingness to travel.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.