What you'll be doing...
The CSG Program Management team is responsible for the strategy and implementation of systems/solutions that support Verizon's 1 ERP strategy for Verizon Finance, Accounting, and Supply Chain. The Senior Systems Program Manager position is the interface between different stakeholder groups and is comprehensively responsible for the program management of large-scale, complex ERP and Finance Systems programs with a significant impact on Verizon landscape. The Project Management Office supports all aspects of key work stream activity tracking and management (e.g., interfaces, release integration, testing, cutover, hyper care, data conversion, master data governance, application security, project administrative functions, environment/infrastructure planning).
* Developing specific plans and solutions which consider multiple internal and external stakeholder groups at various levels (e.g., top management) with dynamic demands, requirements, and intersections (e.g., IT, Finance, AP, SC).
* Establishing and overseeing effective issue resolution, change control, and risk management processes.
* Maintaining project budget (and phase gate reviews) and reporting monthly program cost status dashboards at project, operations committee, key stakeholders, and executive steering committee levels.
* Managing the compilation of schedules, status, and metric updates at project and team levels and reporting to all levels of governance (including at the executive level).
* Overseeing the implementation of methods, processes, and tools which enable tracking of large program budgets include Best View, Committed View, and Actual view.
* Serving as primary point of contact for program leaders as a go-between and coordinator for all program contracting needs including hardware/software purchases and implementation services.
* Being held responsible for large-scale, complex projects delivering system conversion, enhancement, and upgrade deliverables involving PeopleSoft, SAP, and Oracle instances with significant impact on Verizon's landscape.
* Responsibility for end-to-end development and deployment (i.e., plan, build, deliver, run, status, budget tracking).
* Serving as the project management interface between the Business Teams, GTS, CSG, and other transformation offices.
* Managing business case preparation and value realization against the business case.
* Leading and facilitating meetings and discussions to elicit business requirements to define and deliver system solutions. You will drive end-to-end process and solution leadership to successfully complete large impactful programs on time with well-managed scopes and costs.
* Articulating problem statements and openly highlighting challenges, roadblocks, and impediments.
* Negotiating, influencing, and driving solutions with team members for tactical and strategic enterprise business capabilities.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Six or more years of relevant work experience.
* Experience with large-scale ERP systems implementation projects in a management role.
* Experience with strong (project) financial analysis.
Even better if you have:
* A degree with concentration in Accounting, Finance, FP&A, IT, Project Management or relevant work experience.
* Ability to perform in a high volume fast paced changing environment with good time-management skills and the ability to manage teams independently.
* Excellent interpersonal, influencing, communication and organizational skills and the ability to deliver across levels.
* Highly developed cross team leadership skills and the ability to manage internal / external resources to achieve project objectives.
* Ability to operate independently and remain focused through change or uncertainty.
* Experience in executive communication including presentation preparation and delivery.
* Willingness to travel up to 25%.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications is a broadband and telecommunications company operating 4G LTE network, 3G network, and information services.