The IT Shared Services Department at the University of North Texas System is seeking to hire a ERP Programmer Analyst II to join our team. This position performs complex (journey-level) computer programming work in the ERP client/server enterprise application. Work involves assisting in the planning, scheduling, and assigning of ERP programming projects; coordinating programming projects; analyzing proposed ERP applications; preparing and developing programs; and providing technical assistance. May train others. Works under general supervision, with moderate latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
* Modify existing software to correct errors, allow it to adapt to new hardware, or to improve its performance.
* Develop and direct software system testing and validation procedures, programming, and documentation.
* Confer with systems analysts, engineers, programmers and others to design system and to obtain information on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements and interfaces.
* Analyze user needs and software requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints.
* Design, develop and modify software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design.
* Store, retrieve, and manipulate data for analysis of system capabilities and requirements.
* Consult with customers about software system design and maintenance.
* Supervise the work of programmers, technologists and technicians and other engineering and scientific personnel.
* Coordinate software system installation and monitor equipment functioning to ensure specifications are met.
* Obtain and evaluate information on factors such as reporting formats required, costs, and security needs to determine hardware configuration.
* Determine system performance standards.
* Meet with functional customers, analyze software applications requirements and make recommendations to customers for solutions, with minimal supervision.
* Periodically assist the Team Lead in the daily activities of the team by doing supervisory and project management work as specifically assigned by the Team Lead.
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.