What you'll be doing...
The Corporate Systems Group Program Management team is responsible for strategy and implementation of systems solutions that support ERP (Enterprise Resource Platform) and other Systems activity for Verizon Finance, Accounting, AP, Payroll, and Supply. The Senior Systems Program Manager position is the interface between different stakeholder groups and is comprehensively responsible for the program management of large-scale, complex ERP and Finance Systems programs with a significant impact on Verizon landscape.
* Responsibility for large-scale, complex projects delivering system conversion, enhancement and upgrade deliverables involving both PeopleSoft, SAP, and Oracle instances with significant impact on Verizon landscape (line of sight >2y.) - during project course indirect responsibility of involved/further project members
* Responsibility and decision authority focuses comprehensively on plan, build, deliver, run, status and budget tracking/responsibility of these projects (end to end development and deployment).
* Project Management interface between the business, GTS, other CSS groups and other Transformation offices.
* Manage shared test team to execute, status, and resolve Functional Unit (FUT), Integrated (ITC), and User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
* Flexibility and collaborative work approach to solve complex problems and to develop customer specific solutions - taking into account multiple internal and external stakeholder groups and different level of stakeholder groups (e.g. Top-Management) with various/changing stakeholder demands/requirements and intersections (e.g. IT, Finance, AP, SC, Top-management level etc.).
* Compliance to Verizon policies and procedures or direct impact on the re-design of existing policies and procedures.
* Identify and manage project resource needs and staffing process including subject matter/part-time resources.
* Lead deliverable acceptance and invoice approval process.
* Establish and oversee effective issue resolution, change control, and risk management processes.
* Maintain project plan (and phase gate reviews) and report semi-weekly status dashboards at project, Operations Committee, Key Stakeholders, and Executive Steering Committee levels.
* Manage compilation of schedule, status, and metric updates at project and team levels; report appropriately to all levels of governance including executive.
* Lead evaluation of go/no-go criteria for technical release and business cutover.
* Oversee implementation of method and tools which enable each phase.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's or Six or more years' experience
* Six or more years of related work experience
* Experience with large-scale ERP systems implementation projects in a management role
* Willingness to travel upto 25%
Even better if you have:
* BA/BS degree with concentration in Accounting, Finance, FP&A, IT, Project Management or equivalent work experience
* Ability to perform in a high volume, fast paced changing environment with good time-management skills and the ability to manage teams independently
* Excellent interpersonal, influencing, communication and organizational skills and the ability to deliver across levels
* Demonstrated highly developed cross team leadership skills and the ability to manage internal / external resources to achieve project objectives
* Demonstrated ability to operate independently and remain focused through change or uncertainty
* Experience in executive communication including presentation preparation and delivery
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications is a broadband and telecommunications company operating 4G LTE network, 3G network, and information services.