The IT Shared Services Department at the University of North Texas System is seeking to hire an ERP Application Development Tech Lead to join our team. This position performs advanced (senior-level) computer programming work in the ERP client/server enterprise application. Work involves senior level analysis, coordinating ERP programming work efforts; analyzing proposed ERP applications and solutions; and providing expert technical assistance and direction. May review and give feedback on the technical work of others. Works under minimal supervision, with considerable latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
* Reviews technical designs for all major projects and mentors staff from a technical standpoint.
* Conducts technical code reviews and provides technical assistance to team members.
* Reviews business requirements and approves technical specifications requirements for all coding changes to software produced by team members and users before coding begins.
* Makes recommendations for new technical solutions or modifications that may improve accuracy and efficiency to meet user needs and improve business processes.
* Develops custom solutions or integrations for projects of moderate to high risk and complexity in a PeopleSoft ERP environment.
* Functions as a technical subject matter expert resource for other developers and analysts.
* Reviews and approves technical documentation of other team members and outside consultants.
* Provides assistance to team members and business analysts in the review of unit system testing plans and test scripts and supports the thorough testing of all software customizations, bolt-ons, and interfaces to facilitate user acceptance testing.
* Reviews the compliancy of established processes and procedures for ERP design and coding standards for all development efforts.
* Provides technical application support in accordance with SLAs established for services provided.
* Acts as resource to assist On-deck resources with problem tickets related to production issues, investigates issues, determines correct remedial action, or assigns to appropriate team member for remediation.
* Assists resource manager by providing input into employee evaluations for developers and analysts, relative to technical skills and ability to perform assigned work, and technical developmental needs.
* Works with other ITSS staff in a matrix assignment environment in support of cross-functional initiatives, as assigned.
* Stays current with evolving ERP and associated technologies.
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.