Help Duties Summary
The primary purpose of this position is to serve as the Technical Content Manager (TCM), Subject Matter Expert (SME) for AFLCMC, assuring high quality assistance oversight is provided in support of assigned equipment and for resolving complex maintenance support problems. This position requires frequent or extended temporary duty assignments (TDY) where the incumbent is expected to act independently and make decisions without direct supervision.
Learn more about this agency
* GS Salary Table for "Rest of US" (RUS) was used, salaries may vary dependent upon location selected. Refer to the Salary Tables link for more information: https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/pay-leave/salaries-wages/2018/general-schedule/
* Link to GS Qualifications for additional information: https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-standards/#url=List-by-Occupational-Series
* Under the direction of the Single Manager (SM), the incumbent performs a variety of duties involved in the operational phase of equipment/systems.
* Provides the full range of expert technical support services which covers all the broad phases of development, testing, usage, activation and disposal.
* Maintains liaison with using commands, other AFMC organizations, Air Force units, Air Staff, and contractor personnel to monitor/evaluate the status of assigned systems and to identify incipient maintenance engineering problems.
* Perform technical review of work completed by lower graded equipment specialists, as assigned, assisting in resolution of the more difficult and complex problems and providing guidance on other routine matters.
* Provides guidance in the development of accurate data for budgets, forecasting requirement, services, tooling, test equipment, technical data and field service representatives required to accomplish functions relating to assigned system modification
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
* Job family (Series)
1670 Equipment Services
Help Requirements Conditions of Employment
* Please read this Public Notice in its entirety prior to submitting your application for consideration.
* U.S. Citizenship is required
* Males must be registered for Selective Service, see www.sss.gov
* Total salary varies depending on location of position
* PCS expenses if authorized will be paid IAW JTR and Air Force Regulations
* Recruitment incentives may be authorized
* Position may be subject to random drug testing
* Employee may be required to work other than normal duty hours, to include evenings, weekends and/or holidays
* Shift work and emergency overtime may be required
* Employee must maintain current certifications
* A security clearance may be required
* Disclosure of Political Appointments
EXPERIENCE: Applicants will be rated in accordance with the OPM Qualification Standards; for additional information refer to the General Schedule (GS) qualifications link above. Position requirements vary dependent upon the specific series and grade, you must meet any minimum experience or training requirements per OPM qualifications standards and show through experience and/or training that you possess the quality level of knowledge, skill and ability necessary to perform the duties of the position at the level for which applying.
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
IF USING EDUCATION TO QUALIFY: You MUST provide transcripts to support your educational claims. Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
FOREIGN EDUCATION: Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the requirements. You must show proof the education credentials have been deemed to be at least equivalent to that gained in conventional U.S. education program. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when applying.