Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Epic Inpatient - Req #2418830
Revenue Cycle Application Analyst II
Roles & Responsibilities:
The Revenue Cycle Application Analyst III is a senior level analyst position. This individual is responsible for acquiring in-depth knowledge of EPIC Resolute software, working independently in completing project tasks and leading the execution of the following tasks as part of the revenue cycle implementation: building system components, testing, documentation of workflows and other project information, implementation support and maintenance of Epic Resolute software.
In addition this position requires the ability to independently interact with clients and guide decision making as well as demonstrate critical thinking and follow through when developing solutions to identified issues.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Successfully achieves certification in Epic Resolute as determined by the Epic Course Catalog.
2. Demonstrate understanding of billing workflows and business operational functions and objectives.
3. Works with client management to identify and specify complex business requirements and processes (e.g., diverse development platforms, software, hardware, technologies and tools, etc.).
4. Ability to expertly collect and transform business requirements into system functionality
5. Researches and evaluates alternative solutions and recommends the most efficient and cost effective solution for the systems design considering existing systems, available technology, the capacity and limitations of equipment, operating time and form of desired results.
6. Works with development, operations, technical support and other IT areas as appropriate throughout the development and installation processes.
7. Designs a detailed systems testing plan to ensure an accurate and effective product.
8. May give some direction and guidance to other application analysts.
9. May act as a project leader.
10. Supports specific software applications to ensure optimal utilization, functionality and availability
11. Analyzes reasonably complex software problems and develops/implements solutions with general guidance.
12. Tracks and fully documents changes for functional and business specifications; writes detailed universally understood procedures for permanent records and for use in training.
13. Responsible for daily support of Epic Resolute
14. Participates in projects/meetings involving Epic Resolute
15. Ensures new installations will integrate with the current application and data technical environment
16. Recognizes, communicates, and escalates concerns relevant to critical path and/or timeline of issues in a timely manner.
17. Other duties as requested or assigned
* Bachelor's degree, preferably in Business Administration, Information Technology, Finance or Healthcare, or equivalent combination of education and pertinent experience in health care field. * EPIC certification and expertise required
* 3-4 (or more - higher preferred) years of experience in Epic Resolute * Epic Resolute Hospital Billing Certification or Proficiency preferred * Experience working in a healthcare organization with managed care, billing and accounts receivable, and/or reimbursement activity preferred * Experience in working on medium to large sized systems projects in a technology-driven environment. * Demonstrates the ability to assure compliance with regulatory, insurance and ethical standards regarding safety of patients, employees and property. Identifies contingency plans for potential risks. * Requires broad knowledge of the client's area functions and applications, and an in-depth knowledge of system and technology alternatives, excellent communication skills, strong judgment, and the ability to work effectively with client and IT management and staff. * Team player who will help create a positive team environment * Possess self awareness and the ability to utilize constructive feedback to improve performance
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity and inclusion is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we're as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai's unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize healthcare delivery together.
We work hard to recruit and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you have the opportunity and support to develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, have an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospitals, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke's, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.
Let your dream job find you.
Sign up to start matching with top companies. It’s fast and free.