Summary: The Business Intelligence Developer Senior is an independent contributing IT professional who analyzes, provides specifications for, and develops reports and dashboards for end user consumption. The Business Intelligence Developer Senior has expertise with business intelligence tools such as Microsoft BI stack (e.g., SSIS, SSRS, and SSAS), SAP Business Objects, Qlikview, Spotfire, Tableau, or Crystal Reports. The Business Intelligence Developer Senior has expertise with programming in SQL, R, SAS, Python, or equivalent programming languages. The BI Developer Senior independently designs and plans BI solutions, as well as debugs, monitors, and troubleshoots BI solutions. The BI Developer Senior writes relational and multidimensional database queries. The BI Developer Senior has experience with SQL development and optimization. The BI Developer Senior has experience with creating cubes and has experience with data warehousing. The BI Developer Senior is seen as a leader and mentors less experienced developers. The BI Developer Senior has proven experience with business and technical requirements analysis, elicitation, modeling, verification and methodology development. Forms productive relationships with customers by listening, clarifying, and responding effectively. Participates on project teams as a key contributor. Responsible for relationship with vendors and opening and coordinating issues with vendors. Responsible for writing fundamental documentation in a clear, concise manner, adhering to standards. Must be available for support by pager or telephone 24 hours per day x 7 days per week.
* High school diploma or GED required, Bachelor's degree preferred.
* Minimum of 5 years of experience in information technology required.
* Minimum of 2 years of experience in a Health Care environment preferred.
* Prior extensive experience with Regulatory reports design and development with Epic Clarity is highly preferred.
* Strong experience with SQL Development is highly preferred.
* Strong experience with business intelligence tools: Microsoft BI stack, SAP Business Objects, Crystal Reports, Qlikview, Spotfire, or Tableau is highly preferred.
Licensure, Registration, and/or Certification:
* Epic Certification in either Inpatient, Ambulatory or Clinical Clarity Data model(s) is highly preferred.
* Experience with Reporting Workbench and Radar is a plus.
* If not certified in Epic Inpatient, Ambulatory or Clinical Clarity Data Model, certification is required in at least one within 6 months from employment, including 2 test retakes.
* If not currently Epic certified, must take and pass Epic pre-test.
Cook Children's is an EOE/AA - Minority/Females/Disability/Vet