Expedient is a provider of multi-cloud platforms, hosting and security and data center infrastructure as a service (IaaS) solutions. Our technical solutions enable our customers to focus on their own business innovation and success, while our team handles the information technology needed to support it. Check out our employee reviews on Glassdoor.
We're hiring an Entry-Level Technical Support Representative. The role provides a fast-track opportunity to promotion and career growth through training on a variety of technical platforms including virtualization, networking, managed backups, Windows, Linux/Unix and infrastructure. The role has a formalized training plan that covers the technology and the business of Expedient and the Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) industry. The successful candidate will be passionate about IT and have a desire and ability to learn and grow his/her IT career. The position works a required schedule of Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Sponsorship is not provided.
Applicants should be able to show experience with IT and technology; acceptable experience can include self-study, technical school or work experience. This is a great opportunity for someone looking to start his or her IT career with growth potential, professional development opportunities and the chance to work with a wide variety of technologies.
* Handle Tier 1 job tickets such as tape back-ups, setup of hardware for new hires, etc.
* Follow strict security protocol to allow client access requests inside the data center using specific access control criteria
* When necessary, enforce security protocols -- for example, if a client requests to remove equipment without prior notification or as per contractual obligation
* Follow shipping and receiving procedures to ensure the secure transport of materials to and from the facility
* Cover the front desk phone, and conduct physical and virtual security checks
* Process and prioritize client and employee technical requests by phone, email or in person
* Use the ticketing system to log all requests and activities including documentation of special requests and customizations considered important for future support
* Industry certification(s) preferred (such as the CCNA, CompTIA A+ or Network+, for example)
* A strong desire for a career in IT and/or technology and evidence showing IT experience
* Associate degree in a technical discipline or technical equivalent work experience
* Previous exposure to or experience in an IT environment
* Previous customer-service work experience
* Must be professional and patient at all times, as this is a client-facing role
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Strong analytical and independent problem-solving skills
* Ability to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities that are time-sensitive
* Having a willingness and ability to learn quickly -- our technology, etc.
* Must be able to pass pre-employment drug screen
* Sitting - stationary/seated position during the work day in order to check in visitors
* Walking - must be able escort visitors to their equipment; must be able to walk the entire perimeter of the physical plant/data center several times during the shift in order to conduct hands-on assessments and to ensure building safety compliance by checking doors, checking temperature in various areas of the server room/data center
* Lifting - frequently lifts light-weight items and occasionally lifts heavy-weight materials such as equipment, parts, computer and server hardware
* Dexterity - must be able to lock/unlock security cages, operate security kiosk and print out visitors badge, operate loading dock equipment; must be able to climb and balance oneself on a ladder, must be able to stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl into tight places to access computer hardware, to conduct safety checks, to move equipment, install equipment, etc. as required
BENEFITS TO WORKING FOR EXPEDIENT We place an extremely high value on learning and staying agile in the technology arena. Therefore, we make education and training available to all employees through a very robust, employee-driven training and tuition reimbursement program. Additional benefits include 3 weeks of paid time off; top-tier, extremely affordable medical, dental and vision insurance; 401(k) with a generous match; a business casual dress code; and a paid day off to celebrate your birthday each year. Expedient is committed to providing its employees with an environment that promotes collaboration with both team and individual success. We stock our kitchens with free snacks and beverages for our employees.
To apply please submit your resume and a cover letter explaining your interest.
If this isn't the job for you perhaps you have a friend who would be a perfect fit! Please share the following link so they can view/apply for this or any of our other current job opportunities: expedient.com/careers.
Expedient is an equal opportunity employer, providing a safe, drug-free work environment. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Principals only. Recruiters, please do not contact this job poster.