As part of a small, passionate and accomplished team of experts, you will work side-by-side with technical product managers, software developers, system administrators, network engineers and IT support technicians to plan and track technology projects. You will share in the team's impact on the delivery of technology solutions across the company. The Enterprise Technology team provides the data necessary to design, build and launch rockets faster, cheaper and with continually higher quality. We accomplish this by building state-of-the art software, and analyzing data to uncover patterns for quick decision making. We design systems that track millions of physical parts and complex manufacturing activities in remote locations. We build systems that process massive amounts of data and engineering tools that enable rapid design and iteration. We are responsible for the information technology that supports the entire company including desktops, servers, virtual machines and networks. We are seeking team members of all backgrounds who are passionate about space and who have a strong desire to serve on a team that is the backbone of the company. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your dedicated commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable spaceflight.
The ET project manager is a member of the Enterprise Technology Program Management Department and reports directly to the ET Program Manager.
* Engage with service teams in the software development and IT product life cycle to understand technology process.
* Develop and integrate executable quarterly project schedules / roadmaps in accordance with the published 1 year plans.
* Manage project schedules - present status of effort, including risks, variances and recovery plans to management.
* Work with customers within Blue Origin to align ET-IT with COTS needs
* Participate in 1 year and 5 year planning cycles
* Report project results to management in conjunction with the ET Program Manager
* B.S. degree in information technology, computer science, management or equivalent job experience
* 3 years project management experience
* Proficient in Project Management methods
* Experience with Microsoft Office: Outlook, Project, and Visio
* Customer service oriented attitude
* Strong written and verbal communication skills in technical work environments
* Experience and ability to work independently on rapid development programs
* Able to quickly adapt to fast changing priorities and deadlines
* Attention to detail, organization, and high level of accuracy
* Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
* PMP certification or similar credential
Blue Origin offers a phenomenal work environment and awesome culture with competitive salaries, benefits, 401K, and relocation.
Blue Origin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We will review all qualified applicants for consideration of employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, pregnancy, religion, or disabilities. Blue Origin prohibits any form of workplace harassment.
Blue Origin offers a phenomenal work environment and awesome culture with competitive compensation, benefits, 401K, and relocation.
Blue Origin is an equal opportunity employer. In addition to EEO being the law, it is a policy that is fully consistent with Blue's principles. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, pregnancy or age. Blue Origin prohibits any form of workplace harassment.
About Blue Origin
Blue Origin is an aerospace manufacturer and spaceflight services company.