Enterprise Technical Architects work on behalf of the OCIO and EA to establish and govern Costco's Enterprise Technical Architecture (ETA), comprised of a coordinated set of enterprise technical principles, technical strategies, technical standards, target state technical architecture patterns, and technical transition roadmaps.
Job Duties/Essential Functions
* Analyzes current Costco business solutions, technologies, environments, methods, resources and organization * Analyzes industry, technology and market trends * Leads stakeholders towards the establishment of a coordinated set of enterprise level technical principles, technical strategies, technical standards, target state technical architecture patterns, and technical transition roadmaps * Manages ETA change as needed to support evolving business and IT strategy * Communicates and evangelizes ETA direction to stakeholders throughout the enterprise * Serves as a member of the Technical Architecture Council (TAC) responsible for governance of solution and system architectures to ensure alignment with Costco's ETA * Coaches and mentors peers and associates in Costco's ETA framework * Measures and matures Costco's ETA practice * Regular and reliable workplace attendance at your assigned location.
* Assists in other areas of the department as necessary. * Assists in other areas of the company as necessary.
Ability to operate vehicles, equipment or machinery
* 15+ years' experience in IT, including 10+ years architecting complex enterprise solutions and systems, with a deep knowledge in a minimum of two of the following technical disciplines: network design, application development, middleware, servers and storage, cloud services, database management, and operations * Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field (additional equivalent work experience may be substituted in lieu of degree) * Cisco Certified Architect (CCAr) or Cisco Certified Design Expert (CCDE) or Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert Routing and Switching (CCIE Routing and Switching) * Deep experience architecting and implementing network solutions in cloud environments * Deep theoretical knowledge of virtualized infrastructure * Deep experience building highly automated infrastructure in real-world production environments * Deep interpersonal skills, including collaboration, facilitation and negotiation * Deep written, verbal and customer-facing presentation skills * Deep experience with technical architecture frameworks, methods, and tools * Deep analytical skills * Deep planning and organizational skills * Applied experience with IT architecture processes, frameworks, methods, and tools * Ability to estimate the impact of ETA alternatives * Ability to understand the political climate of an enterprise and how to navigate the politics * Tenacity in the face of adversity
* The Open Group Certified Master or Distinguished Architect * Successful internal candidates will have spent one year or more on their current team.
* Management will review the Job Analysis for this position prior to a job offer.
To Apply: Use the link below to upload all required documents to
Apart from any religious or disability considerations, open availability is needed to meet the needs of the business. If hired, you will be required to provide proof of authorization to work in the United States. Applicants and employees for this position will not be sponsored for work authorization, including, but not limited to H1-B visas.