Enterprise Systems Solution Architect
Req ID: 42443
Wilmington, MA, US, 01887
For nearly 70 years, Charles River employees have worked together to assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new drug therapies. When you join our family, you will have a significant impact on the health and wellbeing of people across the globe. Whether your background is in life sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role in the work we perform. In return, we'll help you build a career that you can feel passionate about.
This is a global role and can be located at any site.
The CRL IT organization is looking for an energetic IT professional to join our Architecture team within Project Delivery. In this role, they would have responsibility of the identification, analysis, selection and high-level design of Enterprise Systems Solutions. The Enterprise Systems Solution Architect will work closely with other IT service areas to deliver Enterprise Systems solutions that are efficient, high quality and at the best possible cost. Through excellence in delivery, they will help to achieve and maintain a high level of customer satisfaction and be strong contributors to the Architecture team.
* Accountable for the quality of service and products the team provides, specifically the identification of, the selection of the best, and, the delivery of a blue print (high level design) for Enterprise Systems solutions.
* Accountable for ensuring CRL standards are followed and compliance with regulatory bodies maintained (FDA, ISO, PCI, SOX, HIPPA, US, EU).
* Accountable for the quality of the stakeholder engagement.
* Accountable for ensuring the blue prints are delivered as quickly as possible to the required quality standard for the best possible cost.
* Accountable for creation and maintenance of the IT road maps and solution architecture standards.
* Participating in a high-performance team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Review solution requirements and clarify as required with business partners.
* Create options that will address the requirements, create solution selection criteria and assess created solutions against the criteria to select best solution to Blueprint.
* Create Blueprint; consult with the customer, other stakeholders including Project & Service Delivery experts as well as Security and Compliance teams to build consensus and understanding of your chosen solution.
* Work with procurement on vendor selection and running proof of concepts as necessary.Continue to build a relationship with vendors to understand their solution roadmaps.
* Follow project through detailed design, build, test and release to production.Take feedback and amend Blue Print as required to ensure delivery teams have a single, clearly defined path to work from.
* Build Relationships: Build the personal connections that foster trust, commitment, and teamwork.
* Coach and Mentor: Develop Enterprise Systems staff so they can perform and deliver the best possible results; Mentor Enterprise Systems staff for purposes of development and succession.
* Communicate: Communicate mid and long-term strategy and goals for Enterprise Systems Architecture.
* Ensure commitments are met.
* Ensure continuous improvement of operations.
* Provide feedback on your performance.
* Assist in setting Architecture processes, templates and tools to be used for Architecture.
* Proactively work with Applications, Software Engineering, Customers and Suppliers in the field of Enterprise Systems to understand trends and best practices in this area.
* Collaborate with peers within Project Delivery and Service Delivery to ensure hand-offs are well understood.
* Adhere to pertinent regulatory requirements and to company policies, practices and procedures.
* Perform all other related duties as assigned.
The following are minimum requirements related to the Enterprise Systems Solution Architect position.
Education: Bachelor's degree (B.A./B.S.) or equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related discipline.
Experience: Minimum of ten (10) years working as an Enterprise Systems Architect delivering solutions. Experience with/knowledge of SAP R3, Sales Force, Middleware, SAP Success Factors, Order to Cash (OTC) Processes, Procure to Pay (P2P) processes and E-Commerce.
* Effective communication skills for large, multi-national audiences oral and written.
* Operational Performance - Understanding of and/or experience with Theory of Constraints (TOC).
* Experience and/or understanding of Critical Chain Project Management (CCPM).
About Charles River
Charles River is an early-stage contract research organization (CRO). We have built upon our foundation of laboratory animal medicine and science to develop a diverse portfolio of discovery and safety assessment services, both Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and non-GLP, to support clients from target identification through preclinical development. Charles River also provides a suite of products and services to support our clients' clinical laboratory testing needs and manufacturing activities. Utilizing this broad portfolio of products and services enables our clients to create a more
flexible drug development model, which reduces their costs, enhances their productivity and effectiveness to increase speed to market.
With over 11,000 employees within 70 facilities in 18 countries around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our client's unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world. And in 2016, revenue increased by 23.3% to $1.68 billion from $1.36 billion in 2015.
At Charles River, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people's lives. Our mission, our excellent science and our strong sense of purpose guide us in all that we do, and we approach each day with the knowledge that our work helps to improve the health and well-being of many across the globe. We have proudly supported the development of ~70% of the drugs approved by the FDA in 2016. For more information, please visit www.criver.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Vet
Nearest Major Market: Boston