Grant Thornton is collaborative, entrepreneurial and on the move. As part of a dynamic global organization of 47,000 people serving clients in more than 140 countries, we have the agility and focus it takes to be a leader.
Enterprise Solution Lead Architect, Financial Services Innovation Director
Grant Thornton's Advisory professionals are progressive thinkers who create, protect, and transform value today, so our clients have the opportunity to thrive and grow. Our advisory practice creates holistic solutions delivered by innovative, curious professionals who bring technical depth and industry insight to our clients. The Advisory Practice includes Business Consulting (BC), Business Risk Services (BRS), Transaction Services (TS), Enterprise Technology, Strategy & Innovation (ETSI) and Financial Services (FS and FinTech).
The Enterprise Solution Architect, will provide the technical leadership for the Fintech practice. The Enterprise Solution Architect will be responsible for the creation of the solution approach, rationalization of the solution(s), presentation / communication of the solution(s), and as a guide to the delivery teams for realization of the solution(s)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Be accountable for delivering a portfolio of solutions (e.g. applications, technologies, processes, and information) in response to disruptive forces our clients face.
* Provide leadership to the GT Fintech team in developing and extending digital platform and digital architecture across legacy systems, new, and emerging fintech areas; managing architecture deliverables for PoCs and project efforts spanning Design Thinking to scaled implementation.
* Provide architecture and technology leadership and oversight across a range of customer-related areas such as user experience, content management, Legacy system sunset, Operational systems redesign, customer transactions, and external financial account aggregation
* Provide end-to-end technical leadership, with Enterprise Architecture standards and guidelines, to the design, development, and testing of business solutions
* Present potential technical solutions and advise the business on the technical and business value of the proposition with appropriate tradeoffs
* Provides application architectural and "big picture" oversight for development of new or enhanced technology solutions
* Acts as an advocate for the customer, as the ultimate authority on the architecture designed to address business or technical requirements.
* Interact with a range of people, from highly technical software developers to Senior Executive stakeholders
* Author and support the content for Solution Design Documents including Context Diagrams, Application Models, Application Profiles, Use Cases, Logical Application Models, Process Models, Logical Data Models, and High Level Designs.
* Ensure design alignment with overall solution architecture.
* Review business requirements and participate in review sessions to gather and clarify business requirements, remove ambiguity.
* Work with technology/business partners (Architecture, Infrastructure, etc…) as needed to define design of solutions.
* Guide application development and project delivery teams in the data design of complex solutions and ensure that the teams are in alignment with data architecture vision, strategy, principles, standards, priorities, and target states.
* Technical support through Development, Testing, and Deployment phases of the project.
* Proactive, regular communications with business, technology partners, and management to keep informed of status, changes, or issues.
* Develop and ensure compliance with architecture principles and standards for the various systems and components based on design patterns
* Lead analysis of technology industry and market trends to determine their potential impact on the enterprise architecture
* Maintains an awareness and understanding of competing products and provides ideas for innovation and improvement in order to maintain a competitive advantage in the marketplace.
* Mentor other team members in project teams.
* Comfortable leading technical teams collaboratively through design processes.
* Other duties as assigned.
* B.S. in Computer Science or related field
* 5 years of formal architecture design and implementation experience in n-tier applications, web architecture, & Enterprise integration
* 10 years of software development experience working with the design, integration and/or support of vendor packages within an overall enterprise architecture.
* Working knowledge of the Financial Services industry in either Consumer / Retail Banking (e.g. digital transformation, consumer lending) & Commercial Banking (e.g. capital markets, transaction banking).
* Excellent communication skills with ability to communicate at an executive level
* Knowledge of business process re-engineering principles and processes.
* Prior experience multiple SDLC methodologies (Agile, Scrum, Kanban, Waterfall)
* Experience working with external customer-facing Web-based and cloud based Application environments (AWS, Azure, etc.)
* Commanding knowledge with Application Containers (e.g., Docker, OpenShift)
* Experience with open standards
* SOA principles and technologies; SOAP, REST, XML, JSON, WSDL, micro-services architecture
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills
* Team builder and facilitator of cross team discussions with proven ability to identify and remove roadblocks and resolve issues
* Experience in complex system integrations (internal & external) and related technologies (web services, SOAP, REST, JSON)
* Experience with Identity Management (IDM), SSO, oAuth, CA platforms (SiteMinder)
* Certified Architecture Frameworks; TOGAF, FEAF, DOD, Zachman
* Experience with legacy banking platforms (IBM Mainframe, DB2, Oracle, etc.)
* Experienced consultant with solution building, delivery and sales exposure
* Ability to work additional hours and travel domestically as needed.
Grant Thornton LLP promotes a nationally recognized culture of health and offers an extensive array of benefits to meet individual lifestyles. For a complete list of benefits, please visit www.gt.com.
Founded in Chicago in 1924, Grant Thornton LLP (Grant Thornton) is the U.S. member firm of Grant Thornton International Ltd., one of the world's leading organizations of independent audit, tax and advisory firms. Grant Thornton has revenues in excess of $1.7 billion and operates 59 offices across the U.S., with more than 590 partners and 8,500 employees in the United States and at our Shared Services Center in Bangalore, India.
Grant Thornton works with a broad range of publicly- and privately-held companies, government agencies, financial institutions, and civic and religious organizations. Core industries served include consumer and industrial products, financial services, not-for-profit, private equity, and technology. Grant Thornton focuses on serving dynamic organizations that pursue growth holistically - whether through revenue improvement, leadership, mission fulfillment or innovation.
It is Grant Thornton's policy to promote equal employment opportunities. All personnel decisions, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits and termination, are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.