At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for an Enterprise Software Architect to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in San Diego.
Are you interested in being part of a team that transforms a large software organization into a high performing team that develops software for large scale enterprise systems? Are you looking for an opportunity that empowers you to incorporate enterprise software architecture principles and software best practices to increase the quality and resiliency within software? If so this position is for you. The Enterprise Software Architect is critical for setting strategic and technical direction to for our large scale autonomous systems. Responsibilities include developing technology roadmaps, leading the incorporating of software enterprise architecture principles, design patterns and best practices for multiple large scale programs, coaching and mentoring software teams and leaders. The successful candidate will also be responsible for transforming the existing software development and test processes to "bake in" enterprise software architecture methods within continuous integration environments.
This position reports to the Autonomous Design Center of Excellence Software Director.
The selected candidate should thrive in a fast-paced work environment with high expectations, significantly diverse assignments, collaborative/team settings across all levels.
* Bachelor Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Math) Related field
* Minimum of 20 years of Engineering experience or 18 years with a Master's Degree or 15 years with a PHD
* Experience with software development for 10 years
* Demonstrated experience with architecture in more than one technology stack.
* Possesses demonstrated work experience with more than one relational database management system.
* Experience with service oriented architectures and/or micro-services based architectures.
* Interim Secret Clearance or higher required to start
* Must be able to obtain a Secret clearance or higher.
* Hands-on experience with continuous integration and delivery for enterprise systems
* Experience with DoDAF
* Experience with developing enterprise software for cloud-based architectures
* Experience on incorporating enterprise software architecture and design patterns within DoD or Federal government environments
* Effective communicator, capable of effectively translating and presenting complex concepts to both technical and nontechnical management and customers, through presentations and written media
* Mastery of systems engineering discipline, to include proven practical experience in the following, preferably for large programs: Requirements interpretation, definition and allocation and Risk identification and mitigation.
* Security Clearance (Top Secret, SCI)
* Advanced (MS and/or PhD) technical degree desired
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
About Northrop Grumman
Northrop Grumman is a provider of autonomous systems, strike, logistics, C4ISR, and cyber solutions for government and commercial customers.