Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry-leading company whose work with cutting-edge technology is driven by something human: the lives our technology protects? If so, Northrop Grumman may be the place for you. It's not the systems that drive us: it's the soldier our systems bring home. It's not just the equipment that motivates us: it's the people our equipment protects. It's not the innovation that gets us up in the morning: it's whom those innovations serve. We're united by our work to help people and protect the world. And that mission makes our team even stronger.
When you join Northrop Grumman, you'll have the opportunity to connect with coworkers in an environment that's uniquely caring, diverse, and respectful. Employees share experiences, insights, perspectives, and creative solutions with some of the best minds in the industry. We collaborate through integrated product teams, cross-functional teams, and employee resource groups, while thriving through the support of training and development, mentors and every day coaching, along with extensive health and work/life benefits. We're committed to our employees' professional and personal development and success.
Northrop Grumman recruits top talent with traditional and non-traditional backgrounds in order to ensure our team is united, connected, skilled, focused and innovative. An inclusive workplace of people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives is the key to our performance. At Northrop Grumman, we want our employees to bring their whole self to work. All your different sides are welcome here, as we believe they make our team, our products and our services, that much better.
Maintains smooth operation of multi-user computer systems, including coordination with network administrators. Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products. Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery. Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources. Ancillary duties may include setting up administrator and service accounts, maintaining system documentation, tuning system performance, installing system wide software and allocating mass storage space. Lead a team of level 2 engineers.
* Coordinate with IT service center and/or EL1 Service Desk
* Execute EL2 Service Request Management, Incident Management, and Problem Management processes
* Resolve EL2 tickets, i.e., customer escort, device installation, break-fix, etc.
* Route and escalate remaining tickets to appropriate EL3 SMEs
* Integrate with other service providers, as necessary
* Refer unrelated tickets to appropriate entity
* Complete EL2 tickets within the target time defined by the SLA
* Implement rules and Standard Operating Procedures directed by Diplomatic Security and the FAH or FAM
* Maintain trouble-shooting guidelines and directories supporting the Program Office services
* Participate in other ITIL processes (configuration management, change management, release management, service-level management, availability management, capacity management, service continuity management, information security management)
* Bachelor's Degree and 6 Years of experience, or Masters with 4 years of experience
* Experience with IT or computer information systems
* Experience with troubleshooting IT hardware
* Experience with Active Directory management
* Experience with the use of IT Service Management (ITSM) tools, including BMC Remedy or ServiceNow
* Experience in leading small engineering teams
* Knowledge of Microsoft Server Operating Systems and VMWare virtualization
* Ability to work independently on projects and advanced tickets
* Ability to monitor IT infrastructure through prescribed tools and continuously ensure systems monitoring tools are configured to ensure comprehensive system state awareness
* Must be a US Citizen
* Ability to obtain TOP SECRET Clearance upon start date
* Master's Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related field
* Government specified Enterprise Operations and Networks experience
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
About Northrop Grumman
Northrop Grumman is a provider of autonomous systems, strike, logistics, C4ISR, and cyber solutions for government and commercial customers.