Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc., it's a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we're creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health benefits companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
Position may be located either in Chicago, IL or Atlanta, GA.
Develops, analyzes and models operational, economic, management, accounting and other organizational data for the Artificial Intelligence (AI)/ Enterprise Data Science function
Recommends solutions to new and complex problems, develops innovative strategies, quantifies the competitive performance of the organization's operations and/or markets, evaluates the potential impact of changes and reports on economic forecasts that affect the industry.
* As a principal engineer, you will be responsible for ensuring our backend services are feature complete and support our mobile and web clients. The scope of your duties (but not limited to) include the following:
* Architect, design and develop on several of our backend services including - Ontology, importers, model building frameworks, Transient learning platform and more
* Implement API services required to power the features in the mobile and web applications
* Provide support as required for our applications and other infrastructure pieces
* Work on data modeling, and help to get to a high level of HIPAA compliance with other engineers and director of security
* Implement security and infrastructure pieces as required
* Work with the Chief Data Science VP to ensure good development practices are implemented (code reviews, pull requests, design reviews etc)
* Contribute to our open source initiatives as required
* Identify your key metrics (reliability, performance, availability, etc) and hold yourself accountable towards it
* Responsible for applying and integrating statistical, mathematical, predictive modeling and business analysis for the Enterprise Data Science function
* Develops, manages and manipulates complex high volume data from a variety of sources.
* Develops and maintains infrastructure systems that connect internal data sets; creates new data collection frameworks for structured and unstructured data.
* Significant experience building and shipping applications to production.
* More than 4 years working on a large-scale application
* Expert understanding of distributed systems
* Expertise in relational databases (like MySQL/Postgres) and NoSQL technologies (Mongodb, Redis etc)
* Significant experience using AWS and Google cloud. You are familiar with several of the key technologies with these providers
* Good understanding of security, and cryptography
* Team player that works well in collaborative situations and start-up environments
* A Computer science bachelors degree (or equivalent) is required
* Understanding of health data / genomics / wearables data preferred
* Experience working and contributing to open source projects preferred.
* Having worked at a company with significant scale preferred
* Masters Degree in Computer Science (or equivalent) preferred.
Anthem, Inc. is ranked as one of America's Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine and is a 2018 DiversityInc magazine Top 50 Company for Diversity. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran.