Chipotle Mexican Grill
Enterprise Data Manager (19018282)
The Enterprise Data Manager at Chipotle will be responsible for delivering all data solutions for business intelligence, MDM, operational data needs and analytics. This individual will owner delivery of technical solutions leading the design, development and testing phases and collaborating with other teams for business requirements.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
Chipotle is seeking highly motivated, results oriented individual with strong technical and leadership skills. The responsibilities include:
* Oversee and manage multiple Agile teams supporting new data initiatives and maintenance of current systems.
* Manage large, complex and critical projects with sensitivity to company mission and values
* Trusted partner for the business and proactively suggests value added and innovative data solutions to address business challenges and goals.
* Oversee development and implementation of data management and information delivery that supports Chipotle's reporting and analytic needs
* Partner with Business Intelligence Architect to provide leadership of data management including data storage, database design, data models, master data, ETL/ELT solutions and information delivery
* Offer guidance on applying best practices and reinforce delivery patterns throughout the development lifecycle
* Provide approach for documentation of source-to-target mappings, data dictionaries and database design
* Develop strategies and initiatives to improve overall data quality, improve processing times and anticipate future needs
* Role requires ability to influence and work effectively with key stakeholders and business sponsors in a timely manner.
* Work in close collaboration with Agile teams to ensure that there is strong planning and execution for initiatives including good financial discipline and rigor.
* Look at ways to reduce cost of doing business and drive continuous improvement mindset.
* Mentor and instill inspiration with the team by effectively communicating the big picture and clear plan to execute, build commitment and empower others.
* Identifies and proactively addresses gaps in skills, processes and resources.
* Sets deadlines, assigns responsibilities, mentors, and monitors progress of the team.
* Identify and define business requirements, create business and functional requirements documents.
* Ensure metadata is consistently defined across all work streams with no redundancy, and clarity for use.
* Drive data life cycle management
HOW YOU'LL LEAD
This position will leverage your leadership and business acumen as you create the vision and provide strategic direction for the development and implementation of sound compensation and benefits systems, processes and tools that facilitate company-wide goals. You will build, manage and continuously develop direct reports by establishing performance goals, measuring the outcomes, and driving employee engagement. As a highly collaborative leader, you will also liaise with other departments and make recommendations to senior management.
WHAT YOU'LL BRING TO THE TABLE
To perform this job successfully, you'll need to be able to perform each essential duty. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* BA/BS in Computer Science, systems development, or similar degree
* 6+ years' experience leading and managing data delivery project teams through all phases of the project lifecycle from scoping and planning, requirements gathering, design, development, testing, and implementation.
* 5+ years of data development and data modeling (physical and logical) experience
* 5+ years in-depth, knowledge and execution of foundational data architectures such as data lakes, data warehouses, data modeling, data mining, ETL/ELT and in-memory models
* 3+ years of experience working with Microsoft SQL Server and BI Stack
* 3+ years of experience working with a big data platform RedShift, Snowflake, Big Query, Azure Data Warehouse, Hadoop, Cloudera or equivalent
* 3+ years of experience creating data solutions for data visualization tools such as Tableau, Power BI or equivalent
* Have prior experience with Master Data Management
* Experience of working and managing Agile team structures and traditional Waterfall methodologies.
* A strong commitment to data governance and security
* Have attention to detail to ensure the highest level of quality/rigor in solutions
* Superior organization skills with the ability to simultaneously handle multiple initiatives and priorities in a fast-paced environment
* Ability to build strong partnership with Business Partners and IT leads from CIO area
* Must be able to continuously learn new skills to keep abreast of industry trends and state of the art technology.
* Must be able to effectively communicate with both technical and non-technical users at all levels of an organization
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to present confidently before a large audience
* Excellent analytical, problem solving and interpersonal skills
* Knowledge of project management methodologies and best practices
* Ability to create and lead a team in all activities related to developing and delivering solutions that aligns with the business requirements.
* Create open environment conducive to freely sharing information and ideas
* Effective conflict resolution and negotiation skills
* Have the ability to function collaboratively as part of a fast-paced, customer-oriented team, perform effectively and demonstrated willingness to support the team on all levels to get the job done
* Restaurant industry experience a plus.
WHO WE ARE
Chipotle Mexican Grill, Inc. (NYSE: CMG) is cultivating a better world by serving responsibly sourced, classically-cooked, real food with wholesome ingredients without artificial colors, flavors or preservatives. Chipotle had nearly 2,500 restaurants as of December 31, 2018 in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, France and Germany and is the only restaurant company of its size that owns and operates all its restaurants. With more than 70,000 employees passionate about providing a great guest experience, Chipotle is a longtime leader and innovator in the food industry. Chipotle is committed to making its food more accessible to everyone while continuing to be a brand with a demonstrated purpose as it leads the way in digital, technology and sustainable business practices. Steve Ells, founder and executive chairman, first opened Chipotle with a single restaurant in Denver, Colorado in 1993. For more information or to place an order online, visit
About Chipotle Mexican Grill
Chipotle Mexican Grill is a company that operates a chain of Mexican food restaurants.